Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    THX Mark!

And all this time, I have been charging 410 as a liquid because I thought it would be 'out of balance' if I charged gas. Probably will still charge liquid though...
    That's what all of the instructions ever written for charging with R-410a say to do, but if you want to flip the drum over once you get close, and finish the last few ounces with vapor, there is no harm done.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Maxi-frig for R-22 dry units....better, only negative is flammable, but so is propane.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Very interesting thread......

I've talked to a lot of people about, fractionalization, They all said it was not a issue, but proceeded to tell what to look at....

I love to hear stories about what others can get away with.........

lol
    "Value our Differences"

want to talk a little bit about maxi frig... how does it act ? We do a lot of the warranty work for American Home Shield, and with those guys dollars are everything. I just got three cans of it and am going to do an indoor coil job, and use it.... Will be the first time I tried it out. Any hints or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Maxi Frig

Quote Originally Posted by smokin68 View Post
    Maxi-frig for R-22 dry units....better, only negative is flammable, but so is propane.
    so have you tried this stuff and how you like it.. We do a lot of home warranty work for AHS, with those cats cost is everything, and when we run into these bone dry leakers we're looking to use it after we get the repair done..can you give me some feedback??? thanks in advance, Kirk B

When I went to a class on r 410 I was told the same thing your saying about r 407 that if you had a leak you had to replace the whole charge,it's was not until recently I heard that you could just top off r 410 with no I'll effects, Ty for the info that I can charge 410 as a gas.something I'm not clear on as I have never used or investigated any other refrigerant. Is their any refrigerant that you can use as a blend with r22 without totally reclaiming and recharging with the new refrigerant

Quote Originally Posted by hvaccr1 View Post
    so have you tried this stuff and how you like it.. We do a lot of home warranty work for AHS, with those cats cost is everything, and when we run into these bone dry leakers we're looking to use it after we get the repair done..can you give me some feedback??? thanks in advance, Kirk B
    I hope you are labeling the hell out of those units...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Maxi Frig

Oh yeah.... Most definitely labeling, and we really haven't totally decided yet what we're going to use as a drop-in replacement for 22. The way is trending to be MO 99 at this point... Again, with the labeling. the issue being that the guys that are out there doing the warranty work for Home Shield may have visual impairment leading to topping off the system with whatever prior to reading the labels. it's going to be fun.

im going to let you guys try out all the drop ins while R22 is still available.

Interesting note:

Installed a 'generic' version of the Rheem/Ruud 'cube' dry charge AC unit the other day (they come in WeatherKing, Thermal Zone, and SureComfort that I know of)...

The label on the unit said it was compatible with R-22 and R-407C... looks like the R/R plant is endorsing 407C as an alternative.

In looking at the specs, it appears 407C will have lower capacity in a system... might want to be aware of that before the customer complains it does not cool like it used to.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

The global warming potential of "MO99" is 2265, and with 407C it is 1770. I think MO99 global warming potential may be worse than 22.

Maybe this will be of help with the alternative refrigerants.

http://www.refrigerants.com/pdf/NRI_RetroftHndBk.pdf

This may be of interest to some of you.

https://event.on24.com/eventRegistra...epage=register

What oil are the Mexicans putting in to the Rheem dry units?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast