+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Digital Psychrometer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    I need an accurate psychrometer for IWB readings. I have been looking at the New Fluke 971 and it seems to be pretty accurate. Anyone have one they can comment on. Or any other Digital Psychrometer worth buying?

Post Likes
    I just got the 971 2 days ago and I like it so far. Nice not having to try to focus on the sling so damn quick and no calculations for dew point and RH. The memmory function is nice to as you can show the HO what's going on. A little slow compared to some others Ive seen, but I've always liked fluke because they seem to last forever and are reliable.
    Every day that goes by is another day that you could have done what you intend to do tommorow.

Post Likes
    One good thing about a digital frychrometer is that you dont have to worry about some womans husband cold cocking you when his wife tells him how exciting it was watching you slinging your tool in front of her.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by corny
    One good thing about a digital frychrometer is that you dont have to worry about some womans husband cold cocking you when his wife tells him how exciting it was watching you slinging your tool in front of her.
    \

You did not just put tool slinging and cold cocking in the same sentence right? From a customers husband no less?!
    ( And you missed getting "moist" in there! )
    Look, just do your job, stay outta my way and we'll get along fine.

Teach your kids to respect themselves and others with your actions- these little baboons will imitate you like it or not.

Post Likes
    I also bought the 971 last week and I'll get it when the truck comes in on Wed. It will be my first psychrometer. I've been fleshing out my kit with electrical meters. I really don't care how slow it is because for the last several years, I've been using a hygrometer and comparing readings to a plastic psychrometric chart for WB. I'm certain that the Fluke won't be that slow.

Post Likes
    I used one of those little yellow things for a little while. I've gone back to the black sling thing because I like slinging my tool.

Hey Freek, where did you get your Fluke? C D Jones?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Milk man

Hey Freek, where did you get your Fluke? C D Jones?
    Yup, I love that store.

Post Likes
    testo makes a good one, humidity sensor is an aera where testo are specialy good at.

Post Likes
    I asked this question last year w/o an answer. I purchased a UEI digital; piece of junk. Budro, you say you just purchased a fluke 971, have you had a chance to compare it w/a sling psych? I just broke my sling today, so I'm in the market for a digital that works if there is such a thing. I'm unconvinced by the posts I've read so far.

Thanks.

Post Likes
    I'm just going to use my sling and forget about digitals

Post Likes
    look at the amprobe its awsome
    The Captain.

Post Likes
    I like the Fluke But how would you stick the meter/probe into the Return and Supply to get DB/WB readings across the coil like the manufactures Tech support guys ask for. Of all the times I've called they want the readings across the coil. I would like to see Fluke make a meter with an extendable probe to reach into the airstream. I believe that would be ideal. thats my HO.
    Learning is a lifelong process

Post Likes
    i bought a digital uei 4 years ago. it still works to this day. i checked it beside a new testo and it was the same. uei is not the best quality thats for sure but mine still works. maybe im just lucky.

Post Likes
    Maybe I should check the accuracy of my sling, because my UEI varied considerbly with it from day one.

Post Likes

Check accuracy of sling is a good idea

There are a lot of variables in the sling, so those that swear by its accuracy need to make sure they are doing it excatly as designed by the manufacturer.

i.e. Pure Water, Clean pure cotton wick, proper velocity, correct reading of those little lines in the thermometer, etc.

That said, the digitals have to be treated with respect as well.
    keep your ice cold and flame hot

Post Likes
    What about the Yellow Jacket?

Post Likes

corny.....

now that was funny!!!!!!!
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Post Likes

cooper tool

i just got a cooper atkins works good

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mlock
    Maybe I should check the accuracy of my sling, because my UEI varied considerbly with it from day one.
    No I believe it's the UEI because I have the same problem. Dry Bulb Temp is at least 10'F off from my fluke 52 and other's thermometers.
    Was thinking of replacing with a sling but again, Pretty hard to take that reading across the Evap.
    gahh

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in