Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I would have bought another , display is in bad spot would be better on botton or backside.

So you guys Highly recomend the cooper Model #: 4005I for a clamp in Temp reader?
    I need something to help me Do SC and SH so you think this is worth the $?
    I can get it for $110 at the supply house just affraid it would be junk. Will the other probe off the side do ambient Temp?

Quote Originally Posted by akelesis View Post
    I have this one but in the red verison, without the humidity sensor. works great.

http://www.techinstrument.com/acatal...mentation.html
    i know my boss uses both this one(with humidity) and the cooper clamp on.
    i have had the red (sh66) & blue (sh77). been through a humidity probe once a year (3 i think) with very limited usage & stored in very safe location. luckily I've been getting free exchanges. had the 4005 thermistor clamp about 3 times with that failing about once a year but gave up on it a few years ago. decent boxes but can't say i side with the extra accessories that don't come with it

Quote Originally Posted by #1CDNTECH View Post
    So you guys Highly recomend the cooper Model #: 4005I for a clamp in Temp reader?
    I need something to help me Do SC and SH so you think this is worth the $?
    I can get it for $110 at the supply house just affraid it would be junk. Will the other probe off the side do ambient Temp?
    Yes it does ambient when opened, and pipe when closed , i'm pretty sure it reads one at a time. I wouldn't buy another for the price. Not sure what other stand alone that is out there besides the cooper blue or red box, which I like but they are bulky and have to be carried separate from your tool bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasg View Post
    Yes it does ambient when opened, and pipe when closed , i'm pretty sure it reads one at a time. I wouldn't buy another for the price. Not sure what other stand alone that is out there besides the cooper blue or red box, which I like but they are bulky and have to be carried separate from your tool bag.
    So you don't think it is worth the money? I need to get something for this upcoming ac season and don't know what to go with yet. I know I don't wanna go digital manifold yet. So I was thinking of the cooper cause everyone talks good about it. I geuss besides an AK900 a set of anlog gauges and a cooper works best?????

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    You must have been a problem with yours. The batteries typically last for a couple of years. Mine is over 2 years old and still has the original battery.

Just looked it up. Battery life is listed at 90 hours. With its 5 minute auto power off, that's 1080 measurements. More than that if you don't leave it on that long.
    Yeah it looks that way. I felt this was the worse tool investment I ever made. I am glad other people have faired better.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    rd Do you have one to take a pic of the sensor and also what type is it (thermistor,thermocouple)?
    Do you scroll or input a value for the PT chart in the "2nd Mode"?
    IPRO SC8000 Read Temperature and Relative Pressure Fast!
    Intelligent temperature and pressure clamp for superheat and subcooling calculations.
    3 Tools In 1 (Three Modes)
    1st Mode: Temperature clamp From a Pipe 3/8" to 1 1/8" Or Ambient
    2nd Mode: Digital Pressure Temperature Chart For 65 Refrigerants
    NOTE: These two modes are helpful in finding Superheat and Subcooling calculations
    3rd Mode: Temperature And Related Pressure By Select Refrigerant When Clamped On Pipe 3/8" To 1 1/8"
    NOTE: This mode is not helpful in finding Superheat or Subcooling, BUT is Helpful in finding out if a recovery tank has air or non-condensable in the tank

Yea I read that at your site and is not a lot of technical info about the thing.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Yea I read that at your site and is not a lot of technical info about the thing.
    I am in NC teaching at East Carolina University to the 28th I will take picture of the Ipro SC8000 when I get back

Quote Originally Posted by rdholder View Post
    I am in NC teaching at East Carolina University to the 28th I will take picture of the Ipro SC8000 when I get back
    What are you teaching? I live less than 20 mins from the University.
    Look to the past to learn;look forward to live.

Coach Dean E. Smith

Quote Originally Posted by #1CDNTECH View Post
    So you don't think it is worth the money? I need to get something for this upcoming ac season and don't know what to go with yet. I know I don't wanna go digital manifold yet. So I was thinking of the cooper cause everyone talks good about it. I geuss besides an AK900 a set of anlog gauges and a cooper works best?????
    I have owned the Copper wireless thermometer for about 2 years now with limited use I have had 0 problems. I have owned the SH77 for 5 years and also no problem ( this is what I use on every service call). I would recommend either and recommend the Red or Blue boxes often..

If I were you I would look into the SH66 if you are not going to use the instrument for wet bulb or humidity. I know many people with them and they all like the instruments. They are easier to read then the wireless and have a backlight. The accessories are nice to have to be able to read the Temp inside refrigerated boxes.

Good luck let us know what you end up doing.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by tarheel_tech View Post
    What are you teaching? I live less than 20 mins from the University.
    I am teaching the HVAC Department AC this week back to AZ on Friday, My cell at shop.rdholder.com

rd Do you have one to take a pic of the sensor and also what type is it (thermistor,thermocouple)?
    Do you scroll or input a value for the PT chart in the "2nd Mode"?
    Added two more pictures of front and back of the IPRO SC8000 at shop.rdholder.com 5% off with hvactalk code

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast