Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by McLean Air View Post
    Well...that depends on how much you wnat to spend. lol. Rember, the 5.7L is a chevy 350, so performance options are endless. Now from a pratical view, a few bolt on things are the best for a boost in mileage. If you have a high flow exhaust, then you really need a better intake set up to let more air in. A cold air kit is easy to install and will help you get more from your exhaust. Depending on the year of your van, you may benifit from a rebuild of your Throttle body (thats if you have throttle body injection.) They can really kill your mileage but still run fine. If you have a newer vortech, then it uses a diffrent set up for fuel injection. Lastly, get a tuner! You will see an instant increase in mileage and perfromance. You have an endless number to choose from online. Just do a google search. Try to stay away from a used one. Most will download and save your stock settings in the unit and replace it with the modified tune. Then when you want to get rid of it, you just put your stock tune back. From that point on, most tuners won't work on another vehicle. The do however make many that will go from vehicle to vehicle.
    P.S. Not that it really matters, but I was a mechanic for nine years and I do all of the service and repair on my vehicles.
    I am VERY familiar with small-block Chevy's... done lots with them over the years--they were a lot more fun when I was young...

My van is a 2002, that is OBD2; and yes to the vortec intake. I was not looking to take the engine out and put a 'real' cam in it as well as a nice intake and a Holly double pumper... even though that would be fun... <grin>
    Rather, was looking for a way to 'modify' the computer parameters so the engine would run better (read that more power and more mileage).
    THX for any input for this application.

GA
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by McLean Air View Post
    Nice. If you ever have a chance to go to a diesel performance show try to go. Even if you don't like diesels, you will be hooked when you leave.

Back to the OP, I like the look of the sprinter, but for a "big van" they are spendy. Also, an ambulance does see more severe driving, but it has been upgraded to handle it. Usually they add trans coolers, oil coolers, heavier springs ect. They are also usually maintainded very well.
    I would love to see pictures of your truck. Those bodies are not very common hear at all. It is either a full size van,smaller van astro,or pickup with a cap on the back. These bodies I am seeing on your service trucks are neat looking but why are they better then a van or a ambulance etc?That truck looks sweet what aize turbo you running? did you do the EGR delete on that powersmoker?

Quote Originally Posted by #1CDNTECH View Post
    I would love to see pictures of your truck. Those bodies are not very common hear at all. It is either a full size van,smaller van astro,or pickup with a cap on the back. These bodies I am seeing on your service trucks are neat looking but why are they better then a van or a ambulance etc?That truck looks sweet what aize turbo you running? did you do the EGR delete on that powersmoker?

I see a lot of utility trucks, but don't often see enclosed utility trucks like mine. I think that is because they cost so much new, that there just aren't that many around. Most guys love vans and hate utility trucks or the other way around. My truck has tons more space than a van and it's much easier to organize everything. It is however, taller, wider and longer than a full size van. When you add my 16 foot trailer, it can be a wee bit long.
    I bought it on Craig’s list. There are some opportunities to be found there if you know what you are doing. I spend quite a bit of time buying and selling on there.
    www.mcleanair.com

"It was working until it quit."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234