+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fill valve not energizing

Post Likes

Fill valve not energizing

Manitowic q454. The fill valve is not energizing. It just keeps filling with water. The sensor works, light comes on and goes off with level. Any ideas?

Post Likes
    So, on this system the fill valve energizing means it opens on power applied, or it's normally closed. If it is filling all the time it has shorted open or has trash in it or aq hole in the diapharm and is leaking by

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crymtide View Post
    So, on this system the fill valve energizing means it opens on power applied, or it's normally closed. If it is filling all the time it has shorted open or has trash in it or aq hole in the diapharm and is leaking by
    ditto

Post Likes
    Normally open. Closes on power applied. Bench tested solenoid. It works.

Post Likes
    OK. I got it. It's the fill valve. When I bench tested, I couldn't blow air through it. Watching start up voltage I can see it supposed to open on voltage applied. When 120 drops out it still flows water. Thanks for brainstorming with me.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in