GE domestic refrigerator GSL25JFPABS

Came home yesterday to a puddle under the fridge. I did find the print for it by the set point knob panel. I do have a couple of questions dealing with the sequence of the board. Print has no test procedures on it.

Appears main control board has failed. Ohmed 3 sensors. Allread 6.5 k to 7 k ohms. I can hear the relay (largest on board) click but no contact closure. Relay has large stacon connectors near it labeled line , compressor , and htr. Added jumper from line to compressor and compressor started but no condensor fan motor. Condensor fan motor has separate output from main board. Outputs from main board to cond fan motor are, +13v red, yellow/black (unkown function) , white common. 13 vdc is present from red to common. Yellow/black unknown. What starts the condensor fan motor? Should it ot start with the compressor, Sounds like compressor relay has energized and I jumperd relay output. I am assuming evap fan isn't running due to high evap temp.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Forget it, I did get the new main board yesterday, put it in and it works, I dodn't think I would get much of a response. I woldn't touch a domestic refrigerator except this one was mine.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

I wanted to chime in but my only response was I know almost nothing about the newer fridges and wish they would have just left the controls alone.

Got bit a year ago, builder that I've done some systems for, asked me to come by and check out his refrigerator. Explained "I don't touch domestic refrigerators." He whines something about his beer is warm, and the appliance dude can't get there for a couple of days. I check it out, find the board is bad, call the appliance parts folks and ask about warranty. Nope, warranty has expired, order board, replace it and send him bill. He shows up at the shop about a month later, hands the office girl the bill and a new board that the appliance store gave him under an extended factory warranty, and refused to pay the bill. Can't wait until he brings a set of prints for another heat pump system. Gotta hunch there is going to be a hunnert and forty something board in the bid,,,,,,,,,,
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Quote Originally Posted by uniservice View Post
    Got bit a year ago, builder that I've done some systems for, asked me to come by and check out his refrigerator. Explained "I don't touch domestic refrigerators." He whines something about his beer is warm, and the appliance dude can't get there for a couple of days. I check it out, find the board is bad, call the appliance parts folks and ask about warranty. Nope, warranty has expired, order board, replace it and send him bill. He shows up at the shop about a month later, hands the office girl the bill and a new board that the appliance store gave him under an extended factory warranty, and refused to pay the bill. Can't wait until he brings a set of prints for another heat pump system. Gotta hunch there is going to be a hunnert and forty something board in the bid,,,,,,,,,,