Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copper bender

I’ve been looking for a good soft and hard copper bender for 7/8" pipe. Mostly line sets but I like to get cute and fancy at times. Anyone have such a tool and could tell me where I could acquire such a thing? Ive seen them before but my dealers cant get them and ebay only has the smaller ones.

Have this one and like it. You can sometimes find on ebay.
    I was not present at the time of the alleged incident...

I'm not pushing Yellow Jacket nor do I know if this is overkill for you, but this is a pretty good set. I think it goes for about $300.00. I've seen it on Ebay a couple of times.
    http://www.yellowjacket.com/prdetail...6&Auto=1#a1351

If you need a single bender try this. http://www.yellowjacket.com/prdetail...06&Auto=1#a157
    Silence is golden - Duct Tape is Silver!

That is just awsome, Im getting one of those. Thanks for the links. Btw 300.00 is a little high but imagin what a time saver this tool really is, beats welding 90s and kinking all day long.

My pleasure. I was lucky and didn't have to buy them since the boss had them already. They really are a nice set once you get use to them. Good luck.
    Silence is golden - Duct Tape is Silver!

other companies beside yellow jacket make that bender. got mine about 2 yrs ago paid around $150 for it. got it at one of the supply houses.

There are about 5 different benders (basically all the same, maybe a different case or different color).

The one I use was around $200, but I saw a flier in a parts house the other day for $150. Talk em into giving you a good price on the reverse bender attachment too, should be around $100 or so.

You won't use it a lot, but there's times when it's priceless to have it.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

I noticed sears has benders on the web site ,anyone try these ?

Originally posted by amickracing
    There are about 5 different benders (basically all the same, maybe a different case or different color).

The one I use was around $200, but I saw a flier in a parts house the other day for $150. Talk em into giving you a good price on the reverse bender attachment too, should be around $100 or so.

You won't use it a lot, but there's times when it's priceless to have it.
    Yep! I agree.

also, a thinwall EMT bender willl do the trick, if you dont need it perfect.

i have the ritchie kit, and am waiting on the reverse bend attachment to come to my parts shop next week.

The Ritchie bender is nice. good for doing tight work. Only good for soft copper. I have used a 3/4 emt bender for doing 7/8 soft and hard.
    Learning is a lifelong process

Yesterday I had to go and buy for $240 the Yellow Jacket ratchet bender at the local supply store after my so good as new internet special from China failed. Yes you can buy one for $150 on the net, but they are not made in the same quality as the Yellow Jacket one.

I use this one, works great for linesets, free shipping.
    http://bit.ly/wZwqSx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast