Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 69

Thread: micron gauge

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mt.Home AR
    Posts
    175

    micron gauge

    Wanting a micron gauge and does everyone have there's set up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    28

    Thermal Engineering is the way to go

    Model 14571 is an analog micron gauge with dual power source, will run off of 2 D batteries or can be plugged into any 110V outlet. These arent the cheapest gauge but it is reliable as all get out.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA
    Posts
    497
    Accutools BluVac or BluVac LTE is a hands down winner.

    http://www.trutechtools.com/Accutools_bymfg_62-4-1.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000535Fitter View Post
    Model 14571 is an analog micron gauge with dual power source, will run off of 2 D batteries or can be plugged into any 110V outlet. These arent the cheapest gauge but it is reliable as all get out.
    Another vote for the Thermal Engineering Gauge. Anything else is a disposable toy.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    1,505
    the blu vac is the ultimate in micron gauges in my opinion.
    i never thought i would park my mercury manometers but did shortly after
    using the blu vac a few times.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    McQueeney, Texas
    Posts
    3,818
    There can be only one!
    The one, the only- Yeller Jacket!









    Actually I'm getting the Blur-Vac next time around- everyone raves about it so much.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    Another vote for the Thermal Engineering Gauge. Anything else is a disposable toy.
    Yes I once thought the same but I retired my Thermal Engendering for BluVac and am very pleased I did so. A world of difference between the two.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    179
    I have the JB supernova, works well however you need to get Tee for it to work. the supco micron gauge doesn't require one but i've heard many complaints about it from other tech's in my company.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,563
    on the BluVac.

    The Thermal Engineering gauge isn't even in the same ballpark as the BluVac.

    Had them on the same system with a SMALL leak. BluVac caught it in seconds. I'm still waiting on the Thermal...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    28
    JP, kind of surprised to hear that regarding the TE. I admit I also carry around a cheap CPS digital that I use fairly frequently because its so much smaller and easier to carry and it seems reliable enough but when require absolute certaint on a deep vacuum, I go down to the truck and pull out the TE gauge, make sure it's calibration is correct, and see what's actually happening in the system. The analog dial makes understanding what's happening in the system alot easier IMHO.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,073
    Go to YouTube and watch the videos by user 10pascone

    He has some excellent comparisons of Bluvac and several other brands.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,057
    Quote Originally Posted by walterc View Post
    There can be only one!
    The one, the only- Yeller Jacket!









    Actually I'm getting the Blur-Vac next time around- everyone raves about it so much.
    I agree, however I have the newer 69075. Been reliable since 2007, and the tray to the right holds a few gadgets I use from time to time.

    With any micron gauge, do not let pressure hit the sensor... they do not like that, and are expensive.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,563
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000535Fitter View Post
    JP, kind of surprised to hear that regarding the TE. I admit I also carry around a cheap CPS digital that I use fairly frequently because its so much smaller and easier to carry and it seems reliable enough but when require absolute certaint on a deep vacuum, I go down to the truck and pull out the TE gauge, make sure it's calibration is correct, and see what's actually happening in the system. The analog dial makes understanding what's happening in the system alot easier IMHO.
    I was doing a tool review on the BluVac and did a side by side on a small sandwich table I was working on.

    I knew that there was a leak, but wanted to see the difference between the two units.

    Hooked them up to a Tee and let the pump fly.

    Got a decent vacuum (for a leaker) and then isolated the pump and sat back.

    The BluVac responded INSTANTLY. The Thermal was very slow to respond.

    I repeated the test on other units and had the same results.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event