Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: micron gauge

jpsmith1cm is offline Global Moderator/AOP Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I agree, however I have the newer 69075. Been reliable since 2007, and the tray to the right holds a few gadgets I use from time to time.

With any micron gauge, do not let pressure hit the sensor... they do not like that, and are expensive.
    Not the BluVac......
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 04-21-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    on the BluVac.

The Thermal Engineering gauge isn't even in the same ballpark as the BluVac.

Had them on the same system with a SMALL leak. BluVac caught it in seconds. I'm still waiting on the Thermal...
    BLUUUUUUU...VAAAAAC!!! UNGHHHHH... BLUUUUUU VAAAAAAAC!!!

"There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post

At least I have actual field experience with the units that I'm comparing and am not dismissing something out of hand.

Not the BluVac......
    The YJ put up with it for a long time... then quit.

We will see what the BlueVac does...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Guess the BlueVac has gotta be good if zombies cheer it...

Speaking of zombies... did any of you see 'Sons of Guns' last week?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

At least I have actual field experience with the units that I'm comparing and am not dismissing something out of hand.

You've got me there. I don't have any first hand experience with the bluvac gauge. The only experience I have is with several *other* digital gauges, and none of them have even come close in terms of repeatability and reliability. Whenever I see as much chatter about something like I have with the bluvac, my skeptical nature causes me to reflexively dismiss it as hype. I will wait to see how many people are still using their bluvac gauges 5 years from now. There was one guy on here who said he was on his 3rd bluvac in about a year, yet he was still proudly proclaiming "I'll never use anything else!"

I was just trying to inject a little humor with the picture... No disrespect intended, you know I've got a great deal of respect for your knowledge and experience, JP... We just happen to disagree when it comes to digital gauges and micron gauges.

-Thomas Jefferson

I may be inclined to change my tune if Joey D sends me one to test, free of charge.

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob
    I may be inclined to change my tune if Joey D sends me one to test, free of charge.

Sadly, I had to return the tester.

I will wait to see how many people are still using their bluvac gauges 5 years from now. There was one guy on here who said he was on his 3rd bluvac in about a year, yet he was still proudly proclaiming "I'll never use anything else!"
    Well my BluVac is just a little over the one year mark and still performing flawlessly in the field for me. I retired my Thermal Engineering Super Vac Check-II, a CPS VG-100A and a JB DV-22N when I got the BluVac and I never looked back once I put them in comparison.

Accutools has really changed the standard when it comes to vacuum indicators with their unique technology. There simply is no other vacuum indicator now.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTechMech View Post
    Well my BluVac is just a little over the one year mark and still performing flawlessly in the field for me. I retired my Thermal Engineering Super Vac Check-II, a CPS VG-100A and a JB DV-22N when I got the BluVac and I never looked back once I put them in comparison.

Accutools has really changed the standard when it comes to vacuum indicators with their unique technology. There simply is no other vacuum indicator now.
    I'm right at one year with mine as well. No complaints.

One thing I hated about the Thermal, it simply won't work in cold weather. I have used the Bluvac down to 0°F and it works flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob
    You've got me there. I don't have any first hand experience with the bluvac gauge. The only experience I have is with several *other* digital gauges, and none of them have even come close in terms of repeatability and reliability. Whenever I see as much chatter about something like I have with the bluvac, my skeptical nature causes me to reflexively dismiss it as hype. I will wait to see how many people are still using their bluvac gauges 5 years from now. There was one guy on here who said he was on his 3rd bluvac in about a year, yet he was still proudly proclaiming "I'll never use anything else!"

I was just trying to inject a little humor with the picture... No disrespect intended, you know I've got a great deal of respect for your knowledge and experience, JP... We just happen to disagree when it comes to digital gauges and micron gauges.
    I have a BS detector like that, too.

I initially dismissed digital gauges and such just like you.

But the sheer numbers of people and absolute vehemence with which they stood by them swayed me and I took the plunge.

allenb if you are still looking I was going to be selling my Thermal after I calibrate it with my BluVac.
    Between that and the other repairs I made to the internal wiring it is better than new IMO.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

As much as I would love to send you a freebie, Tech Rob, what would I do without my detractors keeping these threads going?

I've actually given a number of them away over the past 2 years for evaluation purposes...and the feedback has always been superlative. But, if it's all the same, I'd like to start making some money by selling some of them! Thanks for the thought, though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast