Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: micron gauge

Thanks and sorry for the long post!
    Mike
    UA Local 601
    Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by 1000535Fitter View Post
    Joeyd... pardon my ignorance (as I have only been a registered user for about a 10 days now) but I don't quite understand your relationship with the BluVac. Do you (with your own two hands) actually manuacture the BluVac gauge or is this an instrument of your own engineering and design? I have this picture in my mind of you running service calls all day long, only to go home and sit at your garage/basement workbench, assembling micron gauges, one at a time, component by component all by hand, like a fine Swiss watch maker. Please correct me if I am painting an inaccurate picture. I have NEVER seen a BluVac micron gauge at any of the local refrigeration supply houses in the Milwaukee/Madison area. Additionally, I have never even heard a fellow technician mention the BluVac uge during our ocassional discussions about tools/equipment that every guy should get. I have also asked the Journeyman who teach night school at the union hall and my fellow 4th and 5th year apprentices if they have had any experiences with, or heard anything about the BluVac, but nobody is familiar with the gauge but all of us (apprentices and Journeymen both) are very interested in seeing one in action. I see from some of the previous posts, guys haven't been shy about asking for a sample, but I am wondering if it is possible to obtain a BluVac micron gauge so that I can take the gauge to the hall and show fellow classmates and my teachers how the gauge stacks up against the other products on the market. I could also take it to my work and introduce it to service guys to get their thoughts on it. I work for Advantage Refrigeration, the largest commercial refrigeration/supermarket install and service company in Wisconsin. We always have techs asking for quality vacuum gauges but are purchasing department never knows which to buy. So if I can give tell them that the BluVac gauge is the best on the market on, then we would purchase large quantities for all of service techs
    Hi, Mike.

I am a founding partner of Core Enterprises, Inc. (since 2001), the developer and manufacturer of the AccuTools line of electronic HVAC tools:

http://accutools.com

Yes, I did start the company in my garage, but we moved to our Coral Springs, Florida factory many years ago.

Our tools are developed at our factory and many, including the micron gauges, are manufactured here as well. I am involved mostly in new product development, but many times I hang out in manufacturing and help where I can (I am a QC nut and insist the everything ships perfect!).

The AccuTools line is relatively new (2005), and the BluVacs themselves were released in October of 2010, after 8 years of development.

For much of our history, we have sold many thousands of product in Europe, much of it private labeled. Getting into distribution in the US is much more difficult, though we are beginning to make inroads.

If it interests you, we have an Education Support Program where we can supply Accutools products to accredited HVAC schools, teachers, and students at a substantial discount. Please see:

http://accutools.com/index.php?page=education

For quantity discounts on gauges, please make your request through our website:

http://accutools.com/index.php?page=contact

Thanks for your interest!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    If by "screen resolution" you mean the resolution of the micron reading: no, the BluVac has 0.1 micron resolution from 0 to 9,999.9 microns, and 1 micron resolution from 10,000 microns to 25,000 microns. The LTE is 1 micron resolution from 0 to 25,000 microns.

If you mean the 'physical' characteristics of the actual display, they both use the same blue-backlit LCD display.

Full details are available at:

http://accutools.com/index.php?page=...subpage=bluvac

and

http://accutools.com/index.php?page=...page=bluvacLTE
    Yes I was talking about the display. By looking at the pictures on Trutechtools website, they seem to have different backlight and clarity. May just be the photo.

Is the features of the Bluvac worth the extra $70 over the Bluevac LTE?

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    Is the features of the Bluvac worth the extra $70 over the Bluevac LTE?
    In my opinion, yes. After getting used to the leak rate indicator, I would hate to be without it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000535Fitter View Post
    Model 14571 is an analog micron gauge with dual power source, will run off of 2 D batteries or can be plugged into any 110V outlet. These arent the cheapest gauge but it is reliable as all get out.
    I have only used the Thermal model14571 and found that it works very well. We have had a few problems in the last year with the thermistors going bad for some reason though. After reading this thread I am really intrigued with the blu vac! Might have to try one.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    In my opinion, yes. After getting used to the leak rate indicator, I would hate to be without it.
    How does the leak rate indicator work?

How does the leak rate indicator work?
    It tells you how many microns per second (in tenths) that the reading is moving up or down. Easy to tell when the evac rate, or leak rate is slowing down or speeding up. You can tell at a glance whether the Micron level is rising or falling.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post

One thing I hated about the Thermal, it simply won't work in cold weather. I have used the Bluvac down to 0F and it works flawlessly.
    I agree regarding the Thermal and cold weather. It took me awhile to figure out the problem and it was quite frustrating to arrive at the job site on mornings when the temp was around 40 degrees F and see my micron reading was worse than it was the previous afternoon.

I've been using the Yellow Jacket digital that indicates zero to atmospheric for a few years now and so have several co-workers. I never heard of the Bluvac until just now. I will admit if you put half a dozen Yellow Jackets on the same system, they all give a different reading until you get close to the desired vacuum level.
    I'm still learning this trade.

Well i just ordered a BluVac. Are you guys using a black vacuum rated hose to hook it up or what?

I'm also thinking of getting one. I'm thinking what is the most reliable way of evacuating a system. I mostly do residential units. Anyone have pics? Thanks

Well i just ordered a BluVac. Are you guys using a black vacuum rated hose to hook it up or what?
    Good move! I think you'll be very pleased with it.
    I don't have a 1/4x1/4 vacuum hose and I found standard refrigeration hose wasn't reliable. So I used a short piece of 1/4" copper tubing and put a flare nut on each end. I have to use a wrench to tighten them but they're solid.

I have a Bluvac on its way also. Should be here later today. Never heard of them till last week. Did a Google for 'Torr guage' and found the Tool & Equipment section here. Spent 3 nights in a row, reading and watching videos and LEARNING! Was most impressed by reading posts from Joeyd and the videos from Pascone10. Having access to the mind of the inventer is what finally pushed me to part with the money. Will have to redo my complete vac setup, but looking foward to it. Thank you to all that have posted on the subject.
    Rick

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast