Question

My house currently has a Miller CMF80-PG CONV downflow heater.
    I just added a Goodman GPH1324H21A Heat Pump. When the heat pump was installed, they wired both to a Honeywell TH8110U thermostat (One Stage Heat/One Stage Cool). The heat pump was wired to the thermstat in a 'Cool-Only' configuration. I will be rewiring the thermostat to enable me to use it as a heat pump. Both supplies feed into the same supply duct system.
    What are my options for being able to use my Miller heater when it gets colder, say from Nov. till March.

Are you $xxxx sure that the evaporator meter will bypass, if not you’ll be looking at a in, or out of warranty compressor replacement on a new condenser. Nether are free! Why don’t you contact the installing contactor, and ask (free). The Vision Pro t-stat does some cool stuff it will also work as a duel-fuel control as well.

Thumbs up Correct T-stat is TH8320U ... ...

Originally posted by datroutjr
    My house currently has a Miller CMF80-PG CONV downflow heater.

Added a Goodman GPH1324H21A Heat Pump.

When the heat pump was installed, they wired both to a Honeywell TH8110U thermostat (One Stage Heat/One Stage Cool).

.. rewiring the thermostat to enable me to use it as a heat pump.

What are my options for being able to use my Miller heater when it gets colder, say from Nov. till March.
    Option: But the 3 stage VisionPro model.

Honeywell VisionPro 8000 (TH8320U 1008)
    Programmable Universal Touchscreen Thermostat,
    3 Stage
    Heat 2 Stage Cool

Your Mechanical Contractor needs to remedy this situation.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities