Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up I bet you have never seen a geothermal like this!

This is a WaterFurnace Envision 3 ton package unit with intellistart and desuperheater connected to a 3 ton Hyperloop system.

The Hyperloop portion is whats different about the system, instead of a conventional horizontal, or horizontal bore or vertical bore. We use pond matts in the dirt, they are slowly being released to select WaterFurnace dealers as options for smaller lots. So far performance numbers have been good. I will update next week after our first month checkup.

http://youtu.be/6WGEn45ugjs
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

That hyperloop setup looks pretty cool. I'd like to see it more up-close. Out here we really only install open loop with vertical wells. I've looked into closed loop systems but was never a fan of the btu output when going that route.
    Chris Anderson
    Anderson Air
    631-657-6230
    http://www.Anderson-Air.com

I am surprised more people have not commented, I guess its too new. I actually got a call from Teva energy saying somebody forwarded this video to them. Teva Energy is the company that makes this product for WaterFurnace and I was a little nervous since this is not "yet" fully approved and released. The guy said job looked amazing and was exactly what kind of install they were looking for. This is the first video of one in ground on YouTube that I could find.

Another install we just did just went live with Web Energy Logging, you can view the data and reports at
    http://www.welserver.com/WEL0626/

The above installation was a 3 ton WaterFurnace Envision split system with a 8 circuit horizontal bore. We are still having issues with the sensors not reading the ground loop temperature properly so the COP is not displaying right.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!

Down here in GA (Atlanta metro area), we are mostly an AC market. I have read about 'heat-soaking' the ground to the point AC performance fades... Would this ground loop system in this thread work in an 'AC market'? Just curious.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Down here in GA (Atlanta metro area), we are mostly an AC market. I have read about 'heat-soaking' the ground to the point AC performance fades... Would this ground loop system in this thread work in an 'AC market'? Just curious.
    As this system is just under testing currently in a lot of areas I have no idea how it would perform in other climates or dry soil. The manufacturer, Teva Energy did say they are working on a 2' tall version that will be dedicated for ground use only instead of using a pond matt in the ground. I would contact them if you are curious about the limitations of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    We have the exact opposite problem up here. We just finished a school project and there is concern among our guys about it. Without A/C running to reject heat back into the earth, coupled with the long winters that we have here there is some real concern on the vertical bore holes not recovering.

There will be some A/C load, but the building is unoccupied during our only real summer weather (sometimes summer is only the 2nd week in August. LOL).

We, as a company are looking into some of the horizontal options, but since most of our jobs are engineer designed, we can make suggestions, but that is all.

Those hyperloop tubes look exactly like the solar heaters we just put on my father's swimming pool...

Quote Originally Posted by CraziFuzzy View Post
    Those hyperloop tubes look exactly like the solar heaters we just put on my father's swimming pool...
    Yes it does, the make a product just like this for solar water heating. The reps are here in Florida at the WaterFurnace national dealer sales meeting and I found out that they may want to monitor our installs for down the road.

We just did our one month check up on this system and it's at 38 degree EWT which is about where I would expect for my area.

Those pond mats look like a brand of solar pool heater I have used long ago, just can't remember the name. This type of system has been used in Europe for quite a while as well.

haha, didn't see the last post till I posted.

I saw thar system in one of the trade publications a couple months ago. I will be very interested in the results of the beta testing. I would be initially cocerned with the amount of btu's being dumped into the ground in such a small footprint, but I am no engineer. I will wait for results.
    p.s.
    I want some of your optimism if those flooded trenches are what you call a little bit of rain in the naration! lol
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by waterpirate View Post
    I saw thar system in one of the trade publications a couple months ago. I will be very interested in the results of the beta testing. I would be initially cocerned with the amount of btu's being dumped into the ground in such a small footprint, but I am no engineer. I will wait for results.
    p.s.
    I want some of your optimism if those flooded trenches are what you call a little bit of rain in the naration! lol
    Eric
    So far they have been working well, we have seen low EWT's in the high 30's but did not get a full year of operation yet. The way they work is by slowing down the water speed and using a thinner sidewall to extract more BTU's per sq foot of earth, it results in generally lower than normal EWT's but the ability to install a ground source heat pump in smaller than normal areas when its $20 per foot to drill in my area. I am hoping to monitor an upcoming installation of a 3 ton hyperloop. I will be posting the video of it next weekend.

P.S. Yes the rain was a bit over normal but the property had a lot of drainage where the loop field was so it filled up faster than a normal trench. Pumping water is just a part of life here in the NW, we don't get a lot of rain, we just get a little bit of rain for a long period of time(about 9 months straight lol)

If the system went online and straight into heating and you only saw high 30's for the ewt, that is great! We frequently see the worst ewt's right after going on line, and they balance themselves out after the first full year of operation.

Our other big issue is no matter how much we preach, generals continue to run systems during construction. My favorite was a general was concerned about high ewt in late august during final construction. When I arrived all the second floor windows were open to facilitate trowing trash out and workers who were smokeing! lol
    Eric

Yes the low EWT's should be no problem but I think the biggest issue with a loop like this is letting the ground settle around the lines themselves. Just from backfilling I can tell you we don't have as good of soil contact as we normally would have with the hyperloops standing vertically and against a solid wall of dirt. On our next one we plan on using PVC racks connected to downspouts so whenever it rains we are saturating the soil. Check back next week on monday or tuesday for our second hyperloop install video. Oil to geothermal on an even smaller lot with a WaterFurnace Series 5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast