Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac/tech View Post
    i want to just go to work and do a job i know so i dont have competely rethink everything, i just want to be on auto pilot, i would rather send my brain power on my hobbies or my family.
    Have you considered a career with a municipality, driving a street sweeper?
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

are you say you have to know every aspect of hvac to do well in hvac and i know many guys spend there whole career working on ice machines that on a routine and now with in mins. of looking at a piece of equipment what is wrong with it and never see a chiller.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac/tech View Post
    are you say you have to know every aspect of hvac to do well in hvac and i know many guys spend there whole career working on ice machines that on a routine and now with in mins. of looking at a piece of equipment what is wrong with it and never see a chiller.
    Maybe you should do that. Or a school district. Go now so you can be in your routine and still have a long career and build to retirement.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

I want to own a topless club !

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    I want to own a topless club !
    Not just a bottomless club. "Keep your tops on here!"

What else would I do? Maybe I could be a home inspector. I hear they have very low standards here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTechMech View Post
    What else would I do? Maybe I could be a home inspector. I hear they have very low standards here.
    LOL!

"Home Inspectors" around here are horrible....."oh you didn't realize the fan wasn't spinning when you turned the AC on?" "Oh you never turned the AC on?" Oh well.

They made customers sign contracts that state they aren't responsible for anything they "miss" either. Such a joke.
    Chris Anderson
    Anderson Air
    631-657-6230
    http://www.Anderson-Air.com

Quote Originally Posted by Peztoy View Post
    I know 2 people that have left the trade to do your plan B. When they tell me about the money, I think its a crime. These are the people I trust with my life when flying. The money doesnt match up wth the responsibility. Why do you do it. The others say they love to fly.
    Well I did it because flying isn't just something I love to do, it's really in my blood and I have this "urge" or need to fly. I think that is what it takes to become an airline pilot today. I satisfied this urge by reaching my goal and living my dream of becoming an airline pilot. This was something I knew I wanted to do since I was 5 years old.

But once I lived the life of an airline pilot I wasn't very happy. And the money was insulting. So I left and went back into HVAC. Now, I get to fly for fun, and I get to teach my two sons how to fly when they get old enough.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    did you bang any fly attendants?
    That was one perk I didn't get to take advantage of. I was married. But believe me, that really does happen, often.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChillerMan View Post
    Well I did it because flying isn't just something I love to do, it's really in my blood and I have this "urge" or need to fly. I think that is what it takes to become an airline pilot today. I satisfied this urge by reaching my goal and living my dream of becoming an airline pilot. This was something I knew I wanted to do since I was 5 years old.

But once I lived the life of an airline pilot I wasn't very happy. And the money was insulting. So I left and went back into HVAC. Now, I get to fly for fun, and I get to teach my two sons how to fly when they get old enough.
    I always wanted to fly,Been flying R/C since I am 14 yrs. Old.My problem is that I am very near sighted,even with glasses my best was 20/40 and 20/30 also bad night vision!

I'm on the facilty engineer side. Its' not any better. Managment BS is tough to swallow sometimes. Makes it hard ot meet expectation and keep things running when you're hands are constantly tied.

Well, I'm off to walk to the other end of our factory in the rain because they can't justify me having even a golf cart to cover the 3/4 mile walk. Not that I don;t mind the exercise, but i have better thigns to do with my time. (I suppose like post on here to vent my frustration and take a break...oops)

When you leave a profession I think the hardest part is deciding what to do with your life next. I reluctantly renewed my current state refrigeration license despite being out of the trade now for 18 months, in case I have to go back to it. It's only been hard on me because I can't confirm what I will be doing next as I have a full plate of travel, family and future relocation committments.

Iam sick of the slow season in the winter and the busy summers. I'd like it the other way around.

Money where Iam is ok, always could be better though.

Iam still enjoying it , the challenge and work is good. People you have to deal with is not the worst part, the office is lol.

I want to be a manager/ estimated and eventually a owner.

The tools are getting heavier and heavier these days

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast