Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Anyone want out of hvac

Who out there is tired of the B.S. In this business . Or maybe tired of horrible conditions and hours..

Quote Originally Posted by jmiles View Post
    Who out there is tired of the B.S. In this business . Or maybe tired of horrible conditions and hours..
    im thinking i want IN hvac. For some of the quotes i have for a boiler install they must be making more dough than my attorney.

Yes and Yes.

But I'm not going anywhere. I'd miss the satisfaction.

A little less BS in the office would go a long way.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Kinda funny there are so many trying to get in and so many trying to get out..

Any where you go you are going to deal with the B.S. Might as well stay in a good trade that will always be around and needed.
    I am an experienced, caring, trusted, service provider who solves my customers issues beyond there expectations by educating them and guiding them with value-building options to make excellent buying decisions while building security and wealth for my company, myself and my family.

Bribius: They should.

once your in, your in for life..
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

You could always get a job selling men's perfume at a local hi class stuck up department store!

I'm almost 48 yrs old, I've been doing HVAC since i was 19-20. I can't see myself doing anything else. The biggest thing that brings me the most enjoyment in HVAC is figuring out or solving a problem that others wasn't able too. The big thing is to look at every challenge not a problem but as a potential for learning something new.
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

Worked for a school system for 28 years. The satisfaction I got from 26 students in a classroom applauding me for getting their A/C running is what keeps me in this field. That and a never ending supply of things to be learned.

However, I'm not sure if I will like the business side of it or not. I'm about to find out!
    II Chronicles 7:14 Galatians 2:20 Ephesians 2:8-9

Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    once your in, your in for life..
    True Statement!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaladin View Post
    I'm almost 48 yrs old, I've been doing HVAC since i was 19-20. I can't see myself doing anything else. The biggest thing that brings me the most enjoyment in HVAC is figuring out or solving a problem that others wasn't able too. The big thing is to look at every challenge not a problem but as a potential for learning something new.
    I've been in this field 10 years and can't imagine ever leaving. I still enjoy fixing stuff no one else can (which is a regular thing out here). I can't see anyone out here getting smarter or better at what they do, so as long as the hackjob's stay working I'll have plenty to do.
    Chris Anderson
    Anderson Air
    631-657-6230
    http://www.Anderson-Air.com

you must be working resi in the beverly hills area, no?
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

I at times say I hate it and cant wait to get out. The truth is I love it. I know for a fact the grass aint greener its just a diffrent shade if green and got as many dog turds on that lawn as on the one I am on. Funny thing I can be at my limits with this trade then next call is a rock'n boiler runnin a #9 smoke and I an back in my zone or comfort area. Man I f'n love mak'n fire, smooth clean, effecent and safe. Yea I hate it

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast