Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

company websites

interesting to view some of the biggest companies in my area and see such a difference in content.viewing clients list,jobs in progress,office teams,company picnics,ballgames,holiday parties and then others with just the owners and some with no pictures of anybody within...no jobs or people who work within.some show the typical crane jobs,hi-rise office views.the others show a 5 ton rooftop with the panel off with a little write up and they are just as big as the others 20/30 trucks.one company here shows one tech with his van doors open and they run 75 guys plus.even viewing out of state companies it tells a lot of the companies character and make up.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    interesting to view some of the biggest companies in my area and see such a difference in content.viewing clients list,jobs in progress,office teams,company picnics,ballgames,holiday parties and then others with just the owners and some with no pictures of anybody within...no jobs or people who work within.some show the typical crane jobs,hi-rise office views.the others show a 5 ton rooftop with the panel off with a little write up and they are just as big as the others 20/30 trucks.one company here shows one tech with his van doors open and they run 75 guys plus.even viewing out of state companies it tells a lot of the companies character and make up.
    Maxster, just who I was looking for. I talked to a couple of business agents today, one in NM and one in AZ. The focus at hand was Trane Inc. One business agent had the nerve to tell me that Trane Inc, is 49% Union. There's 4 Trane Inc. corporate-owned offices around my area, Albuquerque, El Paso, Tucson and Phoenix, not one is Union. Another business agent tells me Trane is looking into a National agreement. I've been hearing that one for a dozen years. I understand that Trane has probably bought back at least 10 franchises in that time. What does all that matter tho? A Trane MES National agreement wouldn't affect current franchises anyways. What's your take?

most of the Trane service groups are factory owned as of 2012...and the national agreement was more towards the union shops in the big cities..Chicago,NYC,DC. being on major union construction sites.the union dude wishes they could get all of Trane in along with Carrier,York groups.Brady Trane is Brady Service in NC since there changeover..took all their customers and installs and servcies all brands...check their site ton on guys and vans..the national agreement parallels the union contracts except for a no strike clause in the NA if they go out

most of the Trane service groups are factory owned as of 2012...and the national agreement was more towards the union shops in the big cities..Chicago,NYC,DC. being on major union construction sites.the union dude wishes they could get all of Trane in along with Carrier,York groups.Brady Trane is Brady Service in NC since there changeover..took all their customers and installs and servcies all brands...check their site ton on guys and vans..the national agreement parallels the union contracts except for a no strike clause in the NA if they go out
    I thought Trane in Chicago was Non-Union.

just guess'n on them saw a pix of 75 guys in a Trane monthly once and knowing chi-town is unioned up surprised...NYC is steamfitters and North Jersey is non union run all out of NYC office

Both Trane and McQuay are non-Union in Chicago. A big wig at McQuay-Chicago told me their MES National agreement should push out this year. So they won't sign a Local agreement at all. I think Trane voted down a Local agreement, not sure when that was. There's always rumors of Trane signing an MES National agreement, but there's also stipulation that they're waiting to acquire all there franchisees. What does that have to do with current Trane business signing a National agreement tho?!

North Jersey Trane is Non-Union?
    Where is that office at?

THe guys that run SJ are union. Maybe they are out of 420 in Philly?
    Is there a shop for Trane in South Jersey?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

I believe Trane in NYC's official Branch name is Trane-NY/NJ. The NY side is an NYC Local signatory, I don't know if the NJ side is Unionized. They handle North NJ. South NJ is handled by the Trane franchise in Philly. That Trane franchise is a Philly Local signatory.

North Jersey isn't union, last I heard. And South Jersey is handled by Tozour, who is union.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I've noticed that too....a lot of HVAC websites are very bland and look your ordinary run of the mill site on the internet. No price listings, ecpectations for potential employees or anything.

Many sites I've seen say...we are certified...and we are great...call 1-800 blah blah blah. That's the just of it along with some pictures pulled off google images.

I was just watching a training video when I noticed a picture of a technician beside a unit wearing a hard hat....this looked familiar to me so I looked at the companies website that I'm considering applying for and sure enough...there is that same picture except with their companies logo on his once blank hard hat.

Then I did a google image search for the picture and sure enough that pic is there with no logo.

check out www.thebluebook.com type in "air conditioning" pick your area and it will list all the companies in the book in contractors(***) most with website links very interesting content vs actuality then even if you see a local van driving around,talking to a tech at the supply house bounce back to see the company and see what they want you to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    North Jersey Trane is Non-Union?
    Where is that office at?

THe guys that run SJ are union. Maybe they are out of 420 in Philly?
    Is there a shop for Trane in South Jersey?
    North Jersey Trane is out of Parsippany and they are none union.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast