Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: charging scale

what kind of refrig. scales do you have or recommend?

one with good batteries. pulled mine out the other day after not using it all winter, sure enough they where dead. had to guess how much i put in. i use a yellow jacket i got 4 or 5 years ago very accurate.

Originally posted by comfort comando
    one with good batteries. pulled mine out the other day after not using it all winter, sure enough they where dead. had to guess how much i put in. i use a yellow jacket i got 4 or 5 years ago very accurate.
    Had to guess...~:>...what did you do...just dump refrigerant in till you felt you had added enough ???

I would have used a set of gauges and hoses and used some kind of charging method like stupidheat and subcooling to charge that biatch....

I never take my scales far from the truck if possible...do my weighing before and after....at the truck...unless of course Im weighing in a fresh charge.

I guess about any set of digital scales will do....Ive got an old set of tif scales...been thru hell and back probably had 4 or 5 previous owners at the company but they still seem to be kicking it.

Buy the best you can afford...but about any brand sold by an hvac supply house will be fine...

I have a couple sets of CPS's model CC-100. They've been very durable and accurate for a long time. Nice battery life and a readout with cord that can be removed from the scales and mounted to the unit with a built in magnet.
    http://www.cpsproducts.com/site/Prod...ingScales.html
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Originally posted by HVAC Pro
    I have a couple sets of CPS's model CC-100. They've been very durable and accurate for a long time. Nice battery life and a readout with cord that can be removed from the scales and mounted to the unit with a built in magnet.
    http://www.cpsproducts.com/site/Prod...ingScales.html
    Ditto here for CPS- been pretty good- Have beat up a couple of Tifs but they really did put up with abuse- one broke due to too much weight . Get the heavier capability if you workwith larger stuff- may need to set a 100 lb recovery cylinder or full 125lber.
    I never liked idea of dial a charge type-
    worth noting my scales did start to wander a bit if weight left on them- like charge 14 lbs and ten min later reads 13 lbs 6 oz. something with the circuitry feedback i guess, i weigh it in then move it off!
    Look, just do your job, stay outta my way and we'll get along fine.

Teach your kids to respect themselves and others with your actions- these little baboons will imitate you like it or not.

I use a cheap target bathroom scale... Seem to work out allright... Glad I started using that instead of sight glasses, which get expensive....

J/K

the best scale I ever used was a "no case" scale. Yellow Jacket and one other company has them.

The handle is built into the insturement. But no case cover. It is half round and has a very wide base.

NICE TOOL!!!

I like weighing before and after also.

Originally posted by R12rules

Originally posted by R12rules
    the best scale I ever used was a "no case" scale. Yellow Jacket and one other company has them.

The handle is built into the insturement. But no case cover. It is half round and has a very wide base.

NICE TOOL!!!

is the name of the other scale wey-tek?,....been using one at the place i'm woking at and seems like a good scale and durable too.

purchased the tif 9010a today,....they didn't have the inficon.

The 9010a is good, I have had one for almost 2 years,
    and works great, and batteries do fine.

had trouble with my tif 9010a, bought an inficon and I am happy
    http://www.inficonrefrigerantchargin...gingscale.html

Originally posted by tostaos
    had trouble with my tif 9010a, bought an inficon and I am happy
    http://www.inficonrefrigerantchargin...gingscale.htmlnow you tell me...no,i haven't even got to use them much yet....what kind of trouble did you have?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast