Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    I don't understand why Santorum had so many backers.

My main problem with Obama (of many, but the main one) is that when he was elected, the economy was sliding into a recession. His idiotic solution was to forget about the economy and focus all of his efforts on pushing through his liberal social agenda.

Fast forward to this election cycle and we have the embarrassment that is Santorum screwing up the primaries. Santorum is a tax and spend fiscal liberal who can't even get elected in his home state or PA. He isn't even welcome in his old home town of Penn Hills because he was convicted of stealing taxpayer money to send his kids to charter schools, even though they hadn't lived in PA for years and years. (He gave the money back but he's still likely to get shived if he hangs out in PA).

So we have a failed president who's biggest failure was pushing a social adgenda and forgetting about the economy and then Santorum, a disgraced ex-politician with a long history of pork barrel spending stepped up to the plate and declared himself to be a social-adgenda pushing candidate who was unconcerned about the economy.

Granted, Obama's social agenda is very different from Santorum's social agenda, but both are prescriptions for failure. It's the economy stupid.

Both Obama and Santorum are treasonous a-holes in my opinion. And now that he's beat up the Republican party, I'd literally spit in his face if I saw Santorum walking down the street.
    The religious right had Santorums back. They are a force in the party especially in the south. They loved his social conservative views. They were not so enamored with a mormon.

My main problem with Obama (of many, but the main one) is that when he was elected, the economy was sliding into a recession. His idiotic solution was to forget about the economy and focus all of his efforts on pushing through his liberal social agenda.

Fast forward to this election cycle and we have the embarrassment that is Santorum screwing up the primaries. Santorum is a tax and spend fiscal liberal who can't even get elected in his home state or PA. He isn't even welcome in his old home town of Penn Hills because he was convicted of stealing taxpayer money to send his kids to charter schools, even though they hadn't lived in PA for years and years. (He gave the money back but he's still likely to get shived if he hangs out in PA).

So we have a failed president who's biggest failure was pushing a social agenda and forgetting about the economy and then Santorum, a disgraced ex-politician with a long history of pork barrel spending stepped up to the plate and declared himself to be a social-agenda pushing candidate who was unconcerned about the economy.

Granted, Obama's social agenda is very different from Santorum's social agenda, but both are prescriptions for failure. It's the economy stupid. In a way Obama and Romney are very, very similar candidates.

Both Obama and Santorum are treasonous a-holes in my opinion. And now that he's beat up the Republican party, I'd literally spit in his face if I saw Santorum walking down the street.
    romey and mass. he ain't no conservative either........

Quote Originally Posted by bribrius View Post
    But at least he's running on a pro-business, pro-economy plank.

Obama has shown us what happens when you push a social agenda in the midst of an economic crisis. Why the hell would we vote for Santorum when he boasts that he'll make the same mistakes as Obama???

So we have a failed president who's biggest failure was pushing a social agenda and forgetting about the economy and then Santorum, a disgraced ex-politician with a long history of pork barrel spending stepped up to the plate and declared himself to be a social-agenda pushing candidate who was unconcerned about the economy.

Granted, Obama's social agenda is very different from Santorum's social agenda, but both are prescriptions for failure. It's the economy stupid. In a way Obama and Romney are very, very similar candidates.

I'm not quite as peed off at Santorum as you, but maybe close. You are 100% right in my opinion about the lack of focus by the two on the economy. Let's fix the hole in the ship before we put the cloth table cloths on the tables.

I think the race will be very close as is the split in this country with the advantage of the left's ability to perpetuate voter fraud and the fact that Obama is the incumbent. Might come down to who Romney picks as a running mate as to how fired up the OMG crowd will be.

Rubio? Christie? or ??? What about Paul? Is that a possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by WebCTRL View Post

Rubio? Christie? or ??? What about Paul? Is that a possibility...
    Rubio and Christie have already repeatedly said their not interested. And Paul wont be asked. I think Rubio is biding his time and would rather run for President in 2016 or maybe later if Romney wins in 2012.

But at least he's running on a pro-business, pro-economy plank.

Obama has shown us what happens when you push a social agenda in the midst of an economic crisis. Why the hell would we vote for Santorum when he boasts that he'll make the same mistakes as Obama???
    what mistakes? I dont follow politics real close. i only like santorum for his god belief and i though he was more conservative than the others short of only ron paul maybe.

Beyond that i could care less.

Obama i just dont trust, hes slicker than slick willy. But had the same agenda as bush, continued the war, continued the bank bailouts, banks funded obamas campaign pretty good. Obama has pretty much been pro war, kill osama etc, he didnt shut down our concentration camps yet i dont think even though the far left has been freaking over guantanmo.

They are all on the take. Obama may turn out to be more conservative than romney before this is done because romneys healthcare in mass gives a little insight on his mentality.

Santorum, i dont know. i dont trust him but he is like a petty thief who sorta loves god compared to a seriously big thief that is a god hater. Romney, is just a corporatist and a financial liberal. He may be socially conservative but im not even sure on that, i havent read up on it. Not much different than obama either probably just another corporatists semi-neocon. that is why i liked ron paul, he didnt have the neocon, financial libtard, tendency about him. he was also against the police state laws such as the patriot act which im sure all of thee above BUT ron paul voted for or would have voted for.

there is entertainment value as well. Santorum would have been entertaining, paul even more entertaining. What is so entertaining about Romney? He will have the lowest tv ratings of any president when he addresses the nation i think.

The republicans have spent the last 8 months trying to find anyone but Mitt Romney to nominate for the presidency. Every republican commentator is the country has been saying "It's a weak field", or "There is no viable candidate", or some variation of the same sentiment. They have been alluding to the idea that the republican party should just nominate whoever is most "electable" versus Barack Obama. That's as if to say "His or her policy doesn't really matter, what matters is "Is this person good looking and charismatic enough to win in a popularity contest with Barack Obama?"". If the republican party reluctantly nominates Mittens whilst holding their nose and looking away, how does that reflect on them? How does that look to the voters? I mean the ones who are not 100% brainwashed and spoon-fed information directly from Fox News and it's affiliates...
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

I'm from MA. We have a few.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

naaa. i could be wrong, but i dont think you will see a romney win. Obama won last time with the woman vote, black vote, hispanic vote, welfare vote, etc. etc. etc.

romney has the rich white guys, about all that is guaranteed. i would say he will pull out the religion wild card but being a mormon the right wing religious vote is questionable at best.

Leaves the working middle, middle upperclass up for grabs.

Out of them take the one in seven that collect food stamps out of the equation, they are auto obama voters. Take out the homosexuals and libtards. Take out everyone that was laid off, had a house foreclosure in the last few years.

And who is left to vote for a right wing mormon billionaire? Especially a pro corp one coming out of a near depression.
    Exactly. Nicely said.

Seriously-

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...gn_636859.html

Everyone knows he's unelectable, why couldn't he have done this 6 months ago? I bet Obama bribed him to stay in until now...
    No need to bribe anybody.

All of the Republican candidates are repugnant not only to a majority of American citizens but to a significant number of members in their own party.

This election is shaping up to be landslide for Obama comparable to Johnson/Goldwater.

Too bad Perry and Cain self-destructed early on.

At least those two provided a goofy, braindead type of fun.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    No need to bribe anybody.

All of the Republican candidates are repugnant not only to a majority of American citizens but to a significant number of members in their own party.

This election is shaping up to be landslide for Obama comparable to Johnson/Goldwater.

Too bad Perry and Cain self-destructed early on.

At least those two provided a goofy, braindead type of fun.
    So geer are you saying you prefer an alien, anti American commie for our President who works 24 / 7 to destroy our country? I know you love Obama so you don't have to answer that. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

By himself, I don't think Romney can beat Obama either. Maybe if Romney has a strong VP running with him. Someone like Allen West could even make voting for Romney less then just voting against Obama.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    By himself, I don't think Romney can beat Obama either. Maybe if Romney has a strong VP running with him. Someone like Allen West could even make voting for Romney less then just voting against Obama.
    This might be his only chance.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast