Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast
    BACnet is offline Removed by Admin- No Return

Santorum Pulls Out. Leaves Behind An Awful Mess.

Seriously-

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...gn_636859.html

Everyone knows he's unelectable, why couldn't he have done this 6 months ago? I bet Obama bribed him to stay in until now...

Romney is the man. He gonna get the EC vote and be the next POTUS

why couldn't he have done this 6 months ago?
    Because candidacy gives him a pulpit.

How unusual. We almost never see politicians put personal goals ahead of the party or the people!
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Because candidacy gives him a pulpit.

How unusual. We almost never see politicians put personal goals ahead of the party or the people!
    Yeah, but before this election, only his home state hated him. Now the whole country wants to punch him in the throat repeatedly. And for good reason.

I'm not sure what sick personal goals or fetishes he was feeding by dicking my party around for so many months.

newoldtech is offline ARP Committee/Professional Member
    From the begining it seemed to me that Romney was the only viable candidate the Pubs had. But I will say that when Santorum won three States on super Tuesday you couldn't blame him for still trying. I think he is bowing out at the appropriate time. As far as Newt goes? Who knows what he could be thinking?

Gib's Son is offline ARP Committee/Professional Member*
    I would expect the attack adds on Romney to begin shortly.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

if romney is the nominee, obama will be re-elected.

The entire bottom seventy percent of income makers wont vote for a billionaire that laid off people and closed companies.

Quote Originally Posted by bribrius View Post

The entire bottom seventy percent of income makers wont vote for a billionaire that laid off people and closed companies.
    Interesting take you have.

You suggest that in times of economic uncertainty, we Americans don't feel comfortable electing a leader who has proven his economic prowess? Furthermore you believe that the American populace will vote instead for the least qualified person in the race?

I'm assuming you're teasing us.

Quote Originally Posted by bribrius View Post

That's a pretty bold statement. I'd have to say, I know quite a few that will certainly vote for Romney over Obama and they would certainly fit in that 70% category.

Quote Originally Posted by WebCTRL View Post
    That's a pretty bold statement. I'd have to say, I know quite a few that will certainly vote for Romney over Obama and they would certainly fit in that 70% category.
    naaa. i could be wrong, but i dont think you will see a romney win. Obama won last time with the woman vote, black vote, hispanic vote, welfare vote, etc. etc. etc.

romney has the rich white guys, about all that is guaranteed. i would say he will pull out the religion wild card but being a mormon the right wing religious vote is questionable at best.

Leaves the working middle, middle upperclass up for grabs.

Out of them take the one in seven that collect food stamps out of the equation, they are auto obama voters. Take out the homosexuals and libtards. Take out everyone that was laid off, had a house foreclosure in the last few years.

And who is left to vote for a right wing mormon billionaire? Especially a pro corp one coming out of a near depression.

newoldtech is offline ARP Committee/Professional Member
    Bottom line is Romney was the best of a weak bunch. No other candidate even has a shot in hell of beating Obama. It would of been better if he didn't get "scuffed up" so much in the primaries. Its going to be hard to beat Obama but Romney has always been the guy with at least the best chance to do it. So either the party and moderates get behind him or its four more years period

i was hoping for ron paul, santorum second. But knew they wouldn't fair well.

I don't understand why Santorum had so many backers.

My main problem with Obama (of many, but the main one) is that when he was elected, the economy was sliding into a recession. His idiotic solution was to forget about the economy and focus all of his efforts on pushing through his liberal social agenda.

Fast forward to this election cycle and we have the embarrassment that is Santorum screwing up the primaries. Santorum is a tax and spend fiscal liberal who can't even get elected in his home state or PA. He isn't even welcome in his old home town of Penn Hills because he was convicted of stealing taxpayer money to send his kids to charter schools, even though they hadn't lived in PA for years and years. (He gave the money back but he's still likely to get shived if he hangs out in PA).

So we have a failed president who's biggest failure was pushing a social agenda and forgetting about the economy and then Santorum, a disgraced ex-politician with a long history of pork barrel spending stepped up to the plate and declared himself to be a social-agenda pushing candidate who was unconcerned about the economy.

Granted, Obama's social agenda is very different from Santorum's social agenda, but both are prescriptions for failure. It's the economy stupid. In a way Obama and Romney are very, very similar candidates.

Both Obama and Santorum are treasonous a-holes in my opinion. And now that he's beat up the Republican party, I'd literally spit in his face if I saw Santorum walking down the street.

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast