Hi All,

I have been ready all the great post/information on this website, a wealth of information.

I am planning on installing a new gas furnace for my home which is 17 years old, approx 2500 square feet. currently has a Duomatic Olsen gas furnace.
    The two furnaces I am looking at are the Lennox G61mpv-36b-070-2 and the Carrier 58-mvb-060-08. Is there much difference between the 2 furnaces? I have read all the available information for these two models and am still a little confused.
    My main goal is to have a high effeciency gas furnace, with good air quality filtration, that will be cheaper to run in than the old furnace.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks,
    MickeyJr

Both models are 90+ efficient furnaces. They should both perform roughly the same for you. Neither comes with an air cleaner, so you would have to purchase that separately. What you should concern yourself with is the quality of the installer and the job you're going to get.

If I had to pick, I'd take the Carrier simply because Lennox recently had a rash of bad venter motors and the Lennox furnace is less tolerant of a crappy install than the Carrier.

Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Originally posted by dougfamous

If I had to pick, I'd take the Carrier simply because Lennox recently had a rash of bad venter motors and the Lennox furnace is less tolerant of a crappy install than the Carrier.

guess that explains all the crappy carrier installs i see.........LOL

were was this rash at? i have installed quite a few g61mpv furnaces including my own house and never had one fail. out of all of them i did replace one that was a little noisy.

mickeyjr

While you don't say area of country you live, if you have hard, very cold winters, I would investigate the Rheem modulating furnace with var speed blower. It will provide true modulating in 5% increments from apprx 40% to 100% output. This saves you $$$ and provides great comfort. There is nothing better on the market and while the two mentioned are top of line for their brand, they can't touch the Rheem Mod. I believe York is introducing a similar model but little history on that unit.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ;1125345
    Hi All,

I have been ready all the great post/information on this website, a wealth of information.

I am planning on installing a new gas furnace for my home which is 17 years old, approx 2500 square feet. currently has a Duomatic Olsen gas furnace.
    The two furnaces I am looking at are the Lennox G61mpv-36b-070-2 and the Carrier 58-mvb-060-08. Is there much difference between the 2 furnaces? I have read all the available information for these two models and am still a little confused.
    My main goal is to have a high effeciency gas furnace, with good air quality filtration, that will be cheaper to run in than the old furnace.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks,
    MickeyJr
    Definity go with the 58MVB. In my Opinion, The Carrier MVB line is the best furnace on the market. As for Lennox. There are guys that like them. But I just think most lennox's are a abortion. I hate working on them, hate installing them, and just think they are the worst furnace on the the market.

The Rheem mod, won't save you any money on your heating bill compared to another furnace of the same efficiency. It will make your house more comfortable.
    90% efficient, is 90% eficient.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?