McQuay AGZ Chiller Spring Startup

McQuay AGZ Chiller Spring Startup

Greetings Guys:

I have a buddy who is starting up a McQuay AGZ090B5512-ER11 ( R-410a) air cooled chiller that has been in service about 5 years. He asked me to come along as I have ( in a past life ) commissioned and worked on several McQuay R-22 Chillers of similar configuration.

Typical air cooled - can compressors, unit HAS glycol in it, etc., but the question is : Is there anything in the way of surprises or glitches that I should be on the lookout for? Is the display / computer system much different from the R-22 units of 10 years ago?

Thanks a bunch;

Freonguy CM
    Superheat and subcooling tell it all !

go to mcquay.com and download the manual and take it with you. that way you will have all the info you need along with the password.

How about a completely different controller and a blitz of new technology. It's still a machine that needs setup and ran! Like Rick said, get the book and dive right in. If you have trouble we are here to help.

McQuay Chiller

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    How about a completely different controller and a blitz of new technology. It's still a machine that needs setup and ran! Like Rick said, get the book and dive right in. If you have trouble we are here to help.
    Ryan:

Yes, it looks a whole lot different - I printed out a couple of the manuals - thanks; will give it ago!! Thanks Ryan and freonrick - - - -

Freonguy CM
    Superheat and subcooling tell it all !

B vintage could be 22 or 407,most likely has microtech2