Too many choices

My 60 yr old house has a ThermoPride oil furnace, retrofitted (probably 30 years ago) with an A coil. The (simple, squirrel cage) fan was left as was, single speed, so the A/C never seems quite adequate on a hot day. I've been told by service guys that the furnace is a great one and will outlast me. And that there's no way to retrofit a dual speed motor to the fan.
    I've owned the house for 20 years and am replacing the A/C for the second time. 2.5 Tons 13 SEER and a new 3 Ton evaporator coil.
    I've received three bids; Carrier, Goodman (GSX1303010, Rheem (RANL031JAZ).
    Are there any real differences between these three choices?
    Does anyone know which compressor is best, and quietest?
    Thanks for your help.

The RANL is a deluxe unit with compressor protection switches. The Goodman is more in line with the Rheem 13AJN bare bones unit. No idea without a model # on the Carrier. Personally I'd take the RANL anyday.

While the antique ThermoPride may outlast you, that doesn't make it efficient and obviously it is hindering you cooling the house. Maybe it is time to put it out to pasture as well.

Good chance that they installed the A/c coil too close to the heat exchanger. This tends to hinder air flow.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?