Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddy needs AC

Buddy needs AC

Don't do much resi work. I got a buddy that wants AC in his house. He already has a concord evap coil and furnace put in when the house was built a couple of years ago. He gave me the numbers, So now I got a couple questions..
    Make Concord
    M= He31230c17175b160167
    What size is this coil 2.5 tons???

And who makes Concord units or who sells them???

Coils says it's rated for r-22 or 410A on it just not sure what it has for a metering device.. Guess I might have to stop by and look..

Do you resi guys install much mix matched equipment??

Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by Dchappa21; 04-09-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Forgot the Furnace numbers Concord M=cg92tb067d12ba

I believe concord is an armstrong product. But I think armstrong is made by lennox.

Concord is Armstrong, call them they can match it up for you or tell you the tonnage and piston size if your trying to match it up with a different brand.

Thanks for the info... Now to find an Armstrong Dealer.

It's an ADP "2.5" ton coil. Has it ever been used? If so, I'd stay with whatever gas it had. If never, should be fine with another outdoor unit. Check AHRI ratings if you want a good match and full capacity & SEER. Some brands aren't rated with 2.5 ton outdoor unit & that coil, probably don't get 13 SEER. We usually use that coil with a 2 ton outdoor unit and TXV then it rates with our products with full performance.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    It's an ADP "2.5" ton coil. Has it ever been used? If so, I'd stay with whatever gas it had. If never, should be fine with another outdoor unit. Check AHRI ratings if you want a good match and full capacity & SEER. Some brands aren't rated with 2.5 ton outdoor unit & that coil, probably don't get 13 SEER. We usually use that coil with a 2 ton outdoor unit and TXV then it rates with our products with full performance.
    Ditto. I stupidly assumed it hadnt already been hooked up to an outdoor unit.

It's never been hooked up.. They installed the evap coil and furnace as part of building the house but the cond. unit was extra...

Wanted to go with R410a.. R22 is getting way to expensive.

Will this need a txv for 410a or is it like a goodman and use's a piston on the lower seer units????

I found the adp website I should just call them and armstrong in the moring to see what both the furnace and coil are rated for.. You resi guys have way to many makes to deal with.

Never mind found the info on ADP's site it has a "bleed" R22 valve in it..
    Looks like they sell only a "non bleed" 410a valve.. Will this valve required a start asist set up on the condensing unit or Are most r410A units coming through with em already on.. Sorry don't do much single phase stuff.

Woops Read the chart wrong on there website it looks like it has a r22 piston in it..

And they also have an 410a piston listed for it. Would it be worth using a tvx instead of the piston?? Will I can much of any seer?

Just get a R410 TXV, probably H4TXV01, from an Allied or ADP outlet. Look at AHRI for good matches. With a Rheem like we sell, that coil is good for a 2 ton outdoor unit. BUT, with American Standard, it is rated for up to a 2.5 ton unit. Go figure! TXVs needed with both to get 13.

Thanks alot for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Just get a R410 TXV, probably H4TXV01, from an Allied or ADP outlet. Look at AHRI for good matches. With a Rheem like we sell, that coil is good for a 2 ton outdoor unit. BUT, with American Standard, it is rated for up to a 2.5 ton unit. Go figure! TXVs needed with both to get 13.
    Talked to my Rheem dealer and gave him the numbers off the coil. He told me it matched to a 2.5 ton 13 seer rheem unit.

Why is it really only good for a 2 ton unit??

And how do you match AHRI? Just look at the seer or eer? And Btu's??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast