Thread: pitco fryer

Hybrid View

pitco fryer

hey guys ive worked on a pitco fryer a few times. and i notice it is starting to soot up a little.
    it is a
    pitco
    m#3gh-50
    s#g06fc025951

this fryer runs on natural gas. i have verifyied the pressure is at 4.00"
    it seems to burn ok. they did tell me once in awhile at lunch it will go into heat. which if i understand correctly just means the pot is not hot enough to cook yet. so i guessed maybe they put down 2 baskets of food at the same time, but im not sure. i suspect the soot is starting to insulate the pot so the heat is not transfering well.

my queston is, what is causing this? ive cleaned the burners about a year ago. could the burners be bad? to look at them they seem fine, but maybe they are not correct. (warped or something)

hope this makes sense.

thanks in advance

jeep

Smile

Blue flames, yellow flames? Is there a venturi on the end of the burner at the orifice? Also dust on the venturi will slow air flow to the air/gas mix causing sooting.

Smile

Depending on the cleanliness of the air flowing in cleaning more than once a year is not out of the question,

Thanks for the info!

had the same problem once finally found that the gas supply line was to small, supplied enough pressure, not enough volume. make sure gas line is correct size, this was also on a pitco don't remember model number.

Is it equiped wuth self cleaning burners? im guessing not. Depending on volume and hot much flour they use in there batters cleaning more than once a year is completely feasible. I've got a fish fry place i do every 6 months or so.