Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Originally posted by ithinktherefore
    I didn't just ask one of the contractors I got about calcultations... I asked all 6. I got blown off 6 times.
    Ask your dealer if he'd like to do one now.

Regret buying it on the internet with a hack install now?

Originally posted by se florida
    I have not read this whole thread is this what the deal is? or are you just making a smart remark?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Originally posted by dash
    Have the system set for 350 cfm per ton,that's what you need in Florida .
    It was yesterday, and it wasn't getting cold enough in here, and it couldn't hit target, so I had to call tech... so let's say I reset it to 350, and same happens... then what?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by mrbillpro
    We all as a whole have to remember that all this new technology is just that "new" it took many years to basically perfect the older systems, now were into a different age and newer technology and it will take many years of trial and error just like the past to get it all figured out, so this will require a lot of patience of both the Homeowner and the Contractor, I feel that anyone that expects perfection at this point is just asking to much, in 10 years yes maybe.

I can't agree ,at all,installers need to read the instructions.

That said,when we started installing Thermidistat,years ago,I had the occassion to read them at a jobsite.Well after after reading thru the 19 plus steps to properly configure the stat,we printed a one page instruction sheet that went out with every job.

Now ,today we have Infinity,and if you can't do the simple things to set it up,you need to get a new line of work.

We all as a whole have to remember that all this new technology is just that "new" it took many years to basically perfect the older systems, now were into a different age and newer technology and it will take many years of trial and error just like the past to get it all figured out, so this will require a lot of patience of both the Homeowner and the Contractor, I feel that anyone that expects perfection at this point is just asking to much, in 10 years yes maybe.

That said,when we started installing Thermidistat,years ago,I had the occassion to read them at a jobsite.Well after after reading thru the 19 plus steps to properly configure the stat,we printed a one page instruction sheet that went out with every job.

Now ,today we have Infinity,and if you can't do the simple things to set it up,you need to get a new line of work.

I have not read this whole thread is this what the deal is? or are you just making a smart remark?
    It started out that way, but ended up being a local 'big shop in town' hack design and installation. He saved $1K though.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....2&pagenumber=4

Have the system set for 350 cfm per ton,that's what you need in Florida .
    It was yesterday, and it wasn't getting cold enough in here, and it couldn't hit target, so I had to call tech... so let's say I reset it to 350, and same happens... then what?

The difference in capacity at 350 cfms, is not likely your problem,remember how well it pulled the hose down the day it was installed?I can't count the times people have come to this site ,with a probelm,and it's the system is not "setup" correctly,could be your problem,or something else,can't tell from here.

350cfms is needed to properly dehumidify,that's the "we were freezing at 77° thing".

So if freezing at 77 with low humidity,you may not need 75° anyway.

Most of our Infinity System buyers(couple of hunderd a year),raise the setpoint 2° or more,with the low humidity.

The "freezing at 77" has to do witht the fact that the temp reading is not accurate. My point there was that the 77 we went to bed at and the 77 we woke up to were probably 5degrees off from eachother... thus the temp reading is wrong... stat placement issue I guess... or hot air leaking in through hole in wall behind stat.

Originally posted by leapfrog
    It started out that way, but ended up being a local 'big shop in town' hack design and installation. He saved $1K though.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....2&pagenumber=4
    4k actually, and I went with the contractor that could provide me with references and has done more installs and service on this exact system than anyone else, and who was able to answer my questions better than any of the other five contractors who charged more without giving me any reason whatsoever to believe they were any better regardless of cost. Flame on, though... don't le me stop you.

Does the new equipment come with instructions on how to make the new stuff work with the old duct system? I have never seen these instructions are they on the back pages or something? this is what I am talking about the "big" picture all of it not just the equipment installation.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

The difference in capacity at 350 cfms, is not likely your problem,remember how well it pulled the hose down the day it was installed?
    Yeah... it seemed great... but install ended at 6pm... so well past hot part of the day.... maybe just wasn't taxed enough to show weakness...

Personally, my guess at this time is that the stat placement is an issue AND there's a setup issue... something with the dipswitches maybe... I find it disturbing that one guy drops the cfms while adding refrigerant and taking comfort R off... then the next guy raises the cfms while bleeding refrigerant and turning comfort R on... and doesn't know what comfor R is...

... I'm betting there's a switch in the wrong position somewhere.... and maybe the stat needs to be moved... or corked at least.

I find it disturbing that one guy drops the cfms while adding refrigerant and taking comfort R off... then the next guy raises the cfms while bleeding refrigerant and turning comfort R on... and doesn't know what comfor R is...

... I'm betting there's a switch in the wrong position somewhere.... and maybe the stat needs to be moved... or corked at least.
    OMG!!! this is turning into a frankinsystem only Fat Eddie will be able to help you now.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast