Been lurking too long.

Hello everyone. I've been lurking since August or so. I retired much too young in 2009. At the time it seemed like a chance to go a different direction. Everyone told me I'd be back. Last year I started teaching HVAC at a local college. Now I'm ready to climb back in a service truck. Retirement isn't for me, heck I've never been able to relax while on vacation. Call me strange but I enjoy working.

Well, this is as lurky a place as you could want. Lot of lurks on this site. Come on in and lurk around. glad to have you.

I lurked for awhile too... until I wanted to post something! Welcome!

Lurking is Needed to see how the site flows Nothing wrong with it and Welcome to the site.
    What college and subject you Teach?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm teaching at a college in Cincinnati, OH, name witheld (don't want to violate any rules). As for subject material, well it starts with basic electric and theory. Next up is basic controls used in HVAC/R, ductwork, residential cooling, commercial refrigeration, boilers, gas furnaces, oil furnaces, combustion analysis, electric heat, heat pumps, advanced refrigeration, DDC controls,system designs, troubleshooting. Successful students graduate with their EPA universal license and NATE certifications.

As for climbing back in a service truck, I had an interview with a LARGE company(name witheld). Didn't get that one, although they are keeping all my information just in case something opens up in management. I had an opportunity with a different company but it required international travel. I prefer not to visit Asia or Mexico, so I turned that one down. Same with relocating to California and New York city(I prefer to keep my guns). No big hurry, patiently picking and choosing thru opportunities that come up.
    Last edited by Tim Race; 04-13-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: poor spelling

Welcome!

There is a lot of good info in the educational forums, see the bottom of my post to apply for pro membership.