Yellow Jacket 69086 Micron Gauge

Guys I'm having a serious issue with this dude. I've cleaned it with alcohol like the book recommends, but I still get really erratic readings. Yesterday I was pulling a vacuum, got to 1200 then it went from there to 25000, then back and forth. Finally I got mad and turned it off. Any suggestions? I try to clean the sensor after every time, but it doesn't seem to help.

Someone suggested cleaning it with brake cleaner, but that didn't make any sense at all! Any suggestions??!?!!!!!

I would see if you can hook up your evac equip to something and pressurize it with nitrogen and r22 and leak check it. Then check it with soap bubbles. If you don't have any leaks then i would consider sending it in to YJ.

-mark

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    RSES CM Member
    NCI Certified Air Balancer and CO/Combustion Analyst
    NATE Senior technician - Energy efficiency analyst and 7 other NATE Service certifications

Never stop learning!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Guys I'm having a serious issue with this dude. I've cleaned it with alcohol like the book recommends, but I still get really erratic readings. Yesterday I was pulling a vacuum, got to 1200 then it went from there to 25000, then back and forth. Finally I got mad and turned it off. Any suggestions? I try to clean the sensor after every time, but it doesn't seem to help.

Someone suggested cleaning it with brake cleaner, but that didn't make any sense at all! Any suggestions??!?!!!!!
    just cleaned mine w/ isopropanol and allowed it to gravity dry for about two days and had great success with it. whats your set up? i stopped using manifolds along time ago as i found the more fittings you have, the more chances a leak may occur(looking at you YJ Brute II manifold). i constantly inspect all gaskets and replace if need be and oil all connections before seating. take my micron reading from appion core remover after isolation.
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

I have been swayed into the less fitting method also. Tee at the vac pump where the micron gauge is hooked to, hose, and core tool. I never let mine sit that long. I'm up for trying it. I have 2 sensors that I could easily rotate.

Is that the ±20% accurate one?
    Could explain some of what you are seeing.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Mine has been acting up lately as well. First the reading would shoot up then finally it stayed at 400 even when open to the atmosphere

Hoping that a cleaning brings it back or it's Bluevac time.