+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grand Rapids TRANE apprentice openings

Post Likes

Grand Rapids TRANE apprentice openings

all you need is 1 year in school or the field to be considered....add is on www.trane.com pick IR opps....then state and it's right there...the years go by fast so be selective guys and TRANE is a good way to see the indusrty...out there
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Post Likes
    Hey, maxster, you seem to be well informed. How come Honeywell and Johnson Controls call their BAS Techs - Service Techs? For a while, even the UA (even on one of it's symbols) has us called Service Techs, but HII and JCI didn't honor this. HII calls us Service Fitters and JCI calls us Service Mechanics. To both these companies a Service Tech is a BAS Tech, not an HVACR Service Tech.

Post Likes
    did you ever catch the labels JCI had on techs couple of years before the York buy outon there website/careers. i wondered who the hell i was at one point i ended up PASTE'g my resume on JCI careers to any and all.Honeywell didn't see there place,but went on an interview couple of months ago..... they were IBEW Local #3 union HVAC techs covering the NYC,upstate and LI areas doing control work and hvac servcie.now that was a scary site to imagine ever see an union electrican using a meter to ring out fuses....forgettaboutiit..and talk about.....fagaizzzed!the Trane factory/IR has to be juicing up the groups to cycle the bodies out with all these listings i see.

Post Likes
    The current JCI posting is something like "Chiller Mechanic Journeyman Truck Based Service (Union)", then after the description it states "This is a bargaining unit position." Carrier BS&S, Honeywell BS and Siemens BT don't post their MES Union positions on any of their career sites anymore. How's is one suppost to know if they're hiring?!

Post Likes
    i think they want to reinvent you,like they tried to do with YORKkeep in mind JCI only knows controls not the actual hvac industry.that's why they squeezed all the lead techs out then shut the tech help group down in Florida.they want to tell you....this is how you run a hvac company.when i was with YORK/NYC the YORK factory took 50% of all contract money right off the top of renewed buildings service..can't imagine what JCI is blood sucking these days

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    i think they want to reinvent you,like they tried to do with YORKkeep in mind JCI only knows controls not the actual hvac industry.that's why they squeezed all the lead techs out then shut the tech help group down in Florida.they want to tell you....this is how you run a hvac company.when i was with YORK/NYC the YORK factory took 50% of all contract money right off the top of renewed buildings service..can't imagine what JCI is blood sucking these days
    What do you know about this McQuay MES national agreement that's been in the works supposably?

Post Likes
    seach that on here somebody was talking about that last year during the fall i think

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in