Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i am trying to decide on where to invest my money next. i like most of you have been in the trade for some time and have purchased tools along the way, starting with the cheaper stuff ( nut drivers, wrenches) and have moved up. well its now time to pony up to the big ticket stuff. the service manger gave to another tech one of the digital analyzers he got as demo unit to encourage us to buy from them. it dose every thing and has a printer too. i have a baccarat test kit that works good. what make and model would you recommend or is it worth it.

Might want to take a look at this analyzer.

I have been using this one for the last few months & prefer it over the Bacharach now.

Don't forget to purchase a draft gauge as well.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

I agree with davidr I have had great luck with that analyzer.

My company has 5 bacarach combustion anylzers. Nothing but changing 100+ dallor sensors all the time.

we had a uei tester that always needed calibration, which meant weeks without it. Now we have a testo, with the ir printer, and i like it very much, no complaints.

Anybody knows something about this analyzers?
    http://www.einstrumentsgroup.com/hva...boiler#btu1000

the new bacharach fyrite insight is badass i know a couple guys that have it they love it.. i was on a job once could not figure out for the life of me why the unit would not stay lit.. i checked everything i could with the equipment i had. next thing you know my field sup. came to help, hooked up his insight and within 5-6 mins found out the problem and we were on our way. def purchasing this before heating season comes around

Testo 327 is ROCK SOLID and works well. Recommended by NCI now.

I have one and am quite satisfied with it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Up here in Connecticut my friends had some poor turn around times with Testo.

I know that has also been a complaint with Bacharach also.

Field replaceable sensors probably will help that now.

I've used a Wohler for the last 5 years (A500). I've had a couple problems and their turnaround time was great.

Testos and Bacharach Insight have the NOx filter which does seem to make the CO readings more accurate.

Testo has field replaceable sensors now... I would not have bought one I had to send back to get this done.

Jim Davis and DavidR will be along soon to add their expertise to this thread.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I personally don't have any experience with Testo, but I know they had some really good looking specials around here over the winter.

Field replaceable sensors will keep the analyzers down time to a minimum.

That's why I bought the Wohler at the time. 5 years ago there weren't many options for DIY sensor replacement, and I was tired of constantly sending in my Bacharach Fyrite Pro 125 for service.

I believe Bacharach has improved quite a bit with the Fyrite Insight.

George Lanthier (Firedragon Enterprises in Mass.) recommends the Fyrite Insight at this time.

I've taken classes with him.....very knowledgeable man. That's why I also bought the Insight over the winter. For the last two months it's been being used by a friend of mine who came from a TSI model analyzer.

Let me say I'm mostly an oil heat tech in the winter time, probably 90% oil service and 10% gas service.

I'm always keeping my eyes open for info regarding testing equipment. There are many opinions by very qualified techs on this site.

That's why I chose to purchase the H10-PM and Digi-Cool AK900 over the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    Anybody knows something about this analyzers?
    http://www.einstrumentsgroup.com/hva...boiler#btu1000
    http://www.e-inst.com/combustion-gas...oducts-BTU1100

There's a full service oil company here in CT. (Sippin Energy)

I'm friends with their service manager.

E-Instruments is the analyzer of choice for his company.

I remember asking him about the printer and I think he told me they can change out only the printer portion if need be.

It works for them.

Testo 330. Absolutely love it. Does draft, differential pressure, ambient CO, and more. User replaceable sensors good for 4 years.
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast