hobart h-600t mixer

Hello, anyone who works on hobart mixers ever had a problem with the bowl support/bowl working its way downward during mixing?
    The handwheel used to crank the bowl up actually turns slowly and the bowl slowly drops. Is this just wear in the bowl support rails? There is some play in them. Its an older unit.
    Thanks

It is a common issue with several solutions. The first is to make sure the handle stops in the 3 o clock position when the bowl yoke is in the up position. If that doesn't solve the issue a weight on a rope has been used by many a customer as a no cost solution. The second solution is to tighten the top castle nut on the 'L' bracket under the motor to increase tension. This will also make the handle harder to turn so go easy and make sure they will be comfortable with the increased effort. The third option is to replace the brass lift nut with the updated split nut. The new nut has a screw to squeeze the cut portion and create tension, stopping the creep. The new nut wears faster and has to be re-tensioned from time to time but is a good solution. Or you can install the top dollar brake retrofit kit......you don't even wanna know what that costs!

wow, thanks for all the ideas. i assume the nut your talking about is the square lift nut. If i order this nut will i automatically get the new split version?
    Thanks again

No, the part # changed.....Your local Hobart will hook you up.

Thanks again, dont have a local hobart dealer here as such, I will call Hobart parts and see if they will help me out, not being a dealer they are happy to sell parts but wont give any support whatsoever. But the parts guys are pretty helpfull and they probably know of this split nut.

The new nut seems to have worked, thanks again