Thread: New student

New student

Hey everyone,

I just started school and I start my first job on Monday in the attic

I work from 8-3pm and then go to school from 5:30-9:30. I hope I will learn quickly

My brother in the trade got me a gig and I am not afraid to work! I feel lucky to have an hvac job just starting school.

Any tips? I am going to do duct work.

Be patient, teachable, and thankful for your job. Strive to be the best you can be, regardless of the immediate payoff.

In one year, things will be different. In five years you will be amazed at how far you have come, IF you have a good working attitude, you will learn a lot and be on the road to a pretty decent living.

Never confuse yourself with the boss or your seasoned trade brothers. they paid the price, now it's your turn.

Get your posts up and apply for professional membership.

Stay away from the ARP section, until you are sure you have thick skin!

And above all .................................................. .................................................. ..............,
    never got to bed without getting on HVAC TALK!

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    Be patient, teachable, and thankful for your job. Strive to be the best you can be, regardless of the immediate payoff.

In one year, things will be different. In five years you will be amazed at how far you have come, IF you have a good working attitude, you will learn a lot and be on the road to a pretty decent living.

Never confuse yourself with the boss or your seasoned trade brothers. they paid the price, now it's your turn.

Get your posts up and apply for professional membership.

Stay away from the ARP section, until you are sure you have thick skin!

And above all .................................................. .................................................. ..............,
    never got to bed without getting on HVAC TALK!
    Never go to bed without getting on HVAC talk and never go to bed without asking ironpit lots of questions

Quote Originally Posted by drew2128 View Post
    Never go to bed without getting on HVAC talk and never go to bed without asking ironpit lots of questions
    NO! NO! NOT ME! Ask SOLARMIKE! HE KNOWS EVERYTHING!