Lennox HS-18-211-P9 problems

hello, my name is jim,
    i am new to this fourm and would like to know if someone can help me with my condenser unit on a house i just moved into. The unit is a Lennox HS-18-211-9P. I know it is a 1 1/2 ton unit. 230 volts, r22 freon, 5/8 and 3/8 line set. The problem is someone stole the copper line set out of the house about a foot inside the house wall all the way to the furnace. no weather got into the lines going to conderser unit outside the house, lines be cut for about year now, will the unit still be good with lines being open this long or will part in the commpressor be bad. sencond part is the control box cover was taken off the unit and there are wires hanging, i belive someone removed the compressor contactor and i only seen 1 capacitor on it. i cant find a clear detailed wiring daigram online any where. i found one that say it takes a single pole n.o contator with 24 volt coil, really dont know what part number in need so i dont get wrong part, it also say fan motor takes 5mfd, 370vac capacitor and compressor takes a 20mfd, 370vac. i know this seems like alot off work but will need line set anyways and would like to get throw this summer with this unit if i can figure out parts and wiring. i can have charged when i finish fixing the unit. If anyone could take the time to guide me in the right direction in finding part numbers and wiring diagram it woukld be greatly appreciated, Thank you for your time.

Do not waste anytime or money on that unit, it must be 18 to 20 years old and with the refrigerant circuit open for one year;sorry.

Not to mention the cost of R-22 is more than doubled since the beginning of the year.

Do yourself a favor and but a matched system or spend the money you will be wasting or repairs for a couple of window units too hold you until you can afford new equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Do not waste anytime or money on that unit, it must be 18 to 20 years old and with the refrigerant circuit open for one year;sorry.

Not to mention the cost of R-22 is more than doubled since the beginning of the year.

Do yourself a favor and but a matched system or spend the money you will be wasting or repairs for a couple of window units too hold you until you can afford new equipment.

HS18 was a bottom of the barrel unit when new.
    after 18-20 years of service then a year open, i would scrap it.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    HS18 was a bottom of the barrel unit when new.
    after 18-20 years of service then a year open, i would scrap it.
    I would scrap it also