Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    that is the specs for that furnace. do you have places in texas that require 90k input on a 2 ton AC?

No!
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdunes View Post
    Desperate

The suggestion is plain and simple.

Your cooling size at two ton is probably correct.

But your current furnace would seem to br grossly oversized. This costs you in operating cost, comfort, and possible short cycling which is a wear and tear issue to the furnace.

You need a load calculation for best sizing performed by your HVAC professional.

IMO
    Also if it's a 3-ton drive furnace, which I think it is, the cfm's will be greater, creating a loss in latent capacity, and in hot/humid Texas you don't need that.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

So what do I likely need for my 2-ton condenser unit in your estimation in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingHVAC View Post
    So what do I likely need for my 2-ton condenser unit in your estimation in Texas?
    You need a furnace that moves 800 cfm's of air for your 2-ton a/c, not 1200, in Texas cooling is primary over heating, well it is in Houston. They might be able to lower the speed of the blower motor to achieve that 800 cfm, but why pay for a larger furnace you don't need.

Thanks, Mr Bill! So how do I identify which Trane model furnace I would need - and how much less should it cost me than the model suggested?

Why is this process so confusing and so difficult to just find a few honest, knowledgeable and straight forward service providers to just be straight with me?

My current condenser is THIS ONE.

It is very hard to read the numbers, but this is the best I could surmise on the inside units:

Amana GUIC090CA30

Amana cca24fcc

Does this help?
    If you go to the PDF in your condenser link, it will show you the highlighted area at the bottom that you need 800 cfm's of air for the a/c. Look for the highlighted area, then look over to your left, see 800?

Why is this process so confusing and so difficult to just find a few honest, knowledgeable and straight forward service providers to just be straight with me?
    Well a lot of company's think huge amounts of airflow puts a smile on the customers face, but if you only have a 10° delta or system split, what good is all that airflow?

Okay, so this is for the equipment I currently have? How do I know what I need when I replace this whole system? I apologize for being slow to follow here.

Okay, so this is for the equipment I currently have? How do I know what I need when I replace this whole system? I apologize for being slow to follow here.
    No problem that's what were here for, so your keeping the existing outdoor condenser, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    No problem that's what were here for, so your keeping the existing outdoor condenser, right?
    No - we are replacing the condenser, coil, furnace - all the primary equipment (not the ductwork). Someone else posted asking about what equipment we currently have - that is why I posted that info.

We are leaning toward the single-stage Trane system I listed in my first post. But then it sounds like the furnace is not what we need according to you guys? So now - assuming the 2-ton single-stage system listed on the first post (accidentally listed a 2.5) is correct, what furnace do we need?

Are you keeping the upstairs 2-ton condenser? and adding a new evaporator coil and furnace inside? "or" is it all going to be changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Are you keeping the upstairs 2-ton condenser? and adding a new evaporator coil and furnace inside? "or" is it all going to be changed?
    We are keeping the downstairs equipment as is. We are replacing ALL of the equipment for upstairs (except the duct work).

We are keeping the downstairs equipment as is. We are replacing ALL of the equipment for upstairs (except the duct work).
    Ok on the same page now, sorry.
    OPTION B - Trane single stage
    Condenser Trane XR15
    Coil - Trane AHRI
    Furnace - Trane XT80

Ok here goes, sometimes the mfg. uses a higher cfm furnace to get to a certain seer,I am a Ruud dealer, and Ruud has done this in the past and I did not like it, but it was necessary to qualify for a tax credit. follow me so for? ok that might be fine if your in Arizona with a year round 25% humidity. If your shooting for better "humidity control" on a "single" stage unit, the more cfm's like the Trane 80 will provide will hurt your latent, lower cfm's = better latent/humidity control, more/higher cfm's is better for sensible heat, lights,people,cooking,etc. does this help.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast