Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fluke 332 + 116 OR Just the Fluke 902?

What would you guys recommend to carry around in the tool bag?

Can you get away with just having the Fluke 902 Clamp on meter or is it better to have the 332 clamp on as well as the 116 Multimeter.

I believe you have more settings when you go with the multimeter but are they all really necessary?

Please post your thoughts and opinions.

Colin

Fluke 902 is a great meter to carry for troubleshooting. But to Fluke 80BK Integrated DMM Temperature Probe is larger. Then a k type port for temp. witch is on a fieldpiece sc66 also a good meter, check it out. You dont need a big 166 and a 332.

Quote Originally Posted by crisp air View Post
    Fluke 902 is a great meter to carry for troubleshooting. But to Fluke 80BK Integrated DMM Temperature Probe is larger. Then a k type port for temp. witch is on a fieldpiece sc66 also a good meter, check it out. You dont need a big 166 and a 332.
    Thats kind of what I was thinking. I mean there are alot more settings on the dmm 166 but I just doubt I will use them all. I'll have to check out that field piece sc66 and see what it has to offer as well. Thanks.

Colin

Thumbs up Fieldpiece SC 56

http://www.fieldpiece.com/PDF/Flyers/SC55_56v6Flyer.pdf

Great meter. Have not found anything it cannot do that another front line HVAC DMM can do. I love the one hand operation, blue screen, TC jack up front, etc. Can do millivolts DC, in-rush amps, non-contact voltage, has an LED flashlight in clamp, etc. Very tough and the slim case makes it easy to stuff in my goodie bag.

I looked it up and it looks like it does do everything the fluke 902 does, maybe even more. I really liked the swivel head aspect too. I ended up finding the fluke 902 for $255 so that's what I purchased. I couldn't seem to find the SC 55 anywhere offline here

I had a 902 that endd it up growing legs. I like it, but don't miss it to much. I do commercial work and the 902 couldn't check out high ohm sensors or mA dc signals. My stand by is a Fieldpiece SC76, the ohm board went out in it, but Fieldpiece repaired it for free, my only problem with it now is.the fact that it reads about half an amp lower that the other 4 Fluke meters I checked it against. My boss bought me the 116 332 combo pack as a replacement. He's die hard Fluke, we'll see. For free I'll give it an honest shot. I still miss the all in one and compactness of my Fieldpiece. Pretty stoned about the magnet for hanging the 116.

Dan
    If you don't notice, I'm doing my job.

Yeah I checked out the 116 and 322 combo kit as well. The main difference was the dmm had a few more options in it compared to what the 902 has. Either way I'm
    Sure whatever you are using will be enough for the job.

fluke i guess is great to have in your tool bags

i have my trusty extech mulitmeter which is very reliable for me at least and i have had it for at least 2 years. it has everything i need and more (-:
    i was told dont buy something that has all the other fancy bells and whistles because your buying it for more money. buy what you need and forget about the other stuff
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

My work supplys these Amprobe meters. They are $109 at local supply house.
    I wanna buy my own and I think I will go with a Fieldpiece or the Fluke Hvac Combo kit.

Yeah im not exactly sure why Gateway doesn't supply them but its all good. I talked to stores and they say the 902 is their most bought meter and they rarely have people come back to return them or replace them, or even to buy a different meter.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinL21 View Post
    Yeah im not exactly sure why Gateway doesn't supply them but its all good. I talked to stores and they say the 902 is their most bought meter and they rarely have people come back to return them or replace them, or even to buy a different meter.
    Gateway Mechanical Services?

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    Gateway Mechanical Services?
    Yeah.

Which branch?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast