Multistack Maglev Chiller with Flexsys Control

Have our first Maglev chiller, 250 Tons, 2 TT400 Compressors. Been having a lot of issues, not sure if it's due to system design. Inverter alarms/faults have been daily since startup. Don't have anything to compare to and was wondering for those of you that have this type of chiller what your expierences have been?

This thread would probably get a better response in a chiller forum.
    I don't have any experience on these.
    But, there are several guys here who have extensive experience, I believe.

Moved to Chiller forum.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Have 3 of them down our way, running reliably and pretty much fault free. What type of inverter faults are you getting??

We are getting inverter faults, motor bearing faults. This is a very small loop, with 2 ahu's and about half dozen fan coils. The manufacture is saying there is not enough thermal mass in the system. When we have a 20c+ ambient day, the chiller starts up, C1 will start and trip on inverter fault after a couple minutes, then C2 starts and is good for the day. This Flexsys controller is in command of the vfd's for the chilled and condenser pumps, the condenser and chilled water bypass valves and the tower fan. Whenever the outdoor ambient is 18 or below, the compressors cycle like crazy and the alarms and faults increase. The manufacture has done a ton of tweaking and things have improved a little. Again this is our first Flexsys Maglev so I was wondering how these chillers our running elsewhere? Can you describe your system nyrb?

The systems we have run at fixed flow rates both chilled and condenser, one site has light load but generally once a compressor is on it stays on, and if it cycles periodically it's no big deal in my opinion. The inverter fault on C1 you are having would be my primary concern, is it "High Inverter Temperature" or what??

I will add that most of our sites have TT300 compressors and a fair amount of time was dedicated by our people to set up the chiller to best match the site at various load conditions. It's easy to just blame the chiller, but most of the time external conditions are causing most of the headaches such as small loop volume etc.

Yes high inverter temps. People are blaming the chiller but I agree with you, the chiller reacts to the conditions it's put in.

Hard to offer much guidance on a system with the limited information but the high inverter temps should be easy enough to trace out and that's where I would start as it seems to only happen with C1 from what you say.