AGZ 160 Mcquay chiller

Discharge line breaking at hot gas tee
    anyone seen this before??

yep

Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    yep
    Was any reason determined for the cause of the breakage?

Vibration ???????

moving it away from the compressor might solve the problem just before it goes into the condenser.Trane RTAAs had a discharge relief valve brazed into the discharge elbow right off the service valve and they all cracked from heat and vibration over the years.any taps made on a discharge line near the compressors with most units will leak from the heating during factory installs
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

York ycas had same issues with factory weld cracking after 6-12 months, vibration on screws is bad enough, replaced fittings and added more piping vibration clamps. Never been to big of a fan of simply installing vibration eliminators, if the vibration is not addressed then that also becomes a future leak.

the ones I have found always had a bad compressor, excessive vibration. those tee's and related piping were all from Copeland.

Yes you are right, I think my mind is somewhere else, it was scrolls. And yes it did have a connection to failed compressor, both before and after..

Thanks for everyone's input

Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    moving it away from the compressor might solve the problem just before it goes into the condenser.Trane RTAAs had a discharge relief valve brazed into the discharge elbow right off the service valve and they all cracked from heat and vibration over the years.any taps made on a discharge line near the compressors with most units will leak from the heating during factory installs
    Thanks for everyone's input it is on Copeland scroll compressors manifolded, I will try moving the tee away from the compressors and closer to the condenser.
    All compressor test fine, but unable to test vibration due to nothing to compare to.