Post Likes

CARRIER 19XR ISM FAULT DIAGNOSIS---LOOKING FOR HELP OF AN EXPERT!

HI ALL, NEW TO THIS SITE, (IM NOT SHOUTING) HOPING TO GET SOME GOOD INPUT FROM THE GOOD CHILLER GUYS OUT THERE WITH MORE KNOWLEDGE THAN ME.....

WE HAVE THE ABOVE CARRIER 19XR WHICH WE INHERITED WITH A FAULTY ISM OR OTHER COMPONENT CAUSING IT TO APPEAR FAULTY, CHILLER WONT START.

CHILLER 2- PHASE REVERSAL FAULT (CLIENT WANTING TO PENNY PINCH SO WE SWAPPED ISM FROM A CHILLER NOT OPERATIONAL, BUT HEALTHY OTHERWISE. (BELOW ENGINEERS TRANSCRIPT)

having problems with fixing the phase rotation fault on centrif chiller 2. I have checked the incoming power and rotation which is fine but the chiller seeing fluctuating line voltages inputted into the ISM fine but this is where the fault lies. I swapped the Integrated starter modules(ISM) around from the good 1 on chiller 3 to chiller 2 which took the best part of 6 hours and the fault has migrated to chiller 3 but also stayed on chiller 2. I've been having a further look into it after me and X had a delve yesterday and I suspect(I hope it's not the case) something is grounding the board on chiller 2. Also the power factor correction panel interface is in fault on chiller 2 which is throwing me even though the power has been checked and healthy

ANY IDEAS, LOOKING TO GET THE ISM BENCH TESTED BY AN ELECTRONICS EXPERT, BUT CANT HELP WONDER IF A CT OR SOMETHING IS CAUSING THE ACTUAL ISSUE AND NOT THE ISM.

HELP WOULD BE AMAZING

Post Likes
    Sounds like bad ISM

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk