+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: CMS Mechanical Services

Post Likes
    CMS will screw you. When I quit they stol $400 out off my last pay check. Worked my butt off for these *******s.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cms screwed me View Post
    CMS will screw you. When I quit they stol $400 out off my last pay check. Worked my butt off for these *******s.
    Trust me when I tell you that you better off. Chalk it up as an experience of the tech that you don't want to be. Now you have the opertunity to go and persue a real job. One that will give you satisfaction at the end of day. I see that you are new to this site. Get your post count up and become a pro member. There is a lot that you can access in here with that status. Not to mention the other members in here that are willing to share what they know with you. PRICELESS. Good luck.

Post Likes
    They tried to bill me for minutes used on the company phone, a charger that was actually in the truck, and hold my last check. The instances that a check can be held in NC are very specific and a phone call from my lawyer buddy and a fax of the applicable labor code later and lo and behold my check was in the mail. The conversation after all that action went along the lines was "Why did you have to call a lawyer?" My experience was the guys I worked with in the field were fine but the management personnel was where my issues were. Maybe others have had a different experience but I didn't mind burning that bridge. Not going to need it again.

Post Likes
    Sounds like a true winner.

Post Likes
    I worked there 8 months doing mostly PM's and "PM ADD's". was at around 270K for tech productivity. Relized I was in the wrong company after being told to call your ASM because I wouldn't do a PM ADD on brand new package units. Told them to eat ****.....
    You will have to do some customer screwing to survive there. You are expected to make atleast 250k off your truck anually, and more depending on your rate of pay. Your performance is reviewed solely off of revenue only. Service calls are limited to the hot months, so you are mainly doing PM's. And PM's don't pay crap.

all the other horror stories from the other posters are 100% fact!

Another thing worth mentioning for anyone looking for their punishment. When it gets slow, and it will, they will feed their souless whores first! Meaning, they will pull their best loyal criminals, to YOUR area, while they tell you there isn't any calls. To bad that nice little ipad they give you is a taddle tale. It logs all the history of your stores. I personally saw techs from 100 miles away completing calls in my area on days where there was no work.......F*** that!!!!! That place was an experiance to say the least.

Its a shame, they could be a great company. But as stated already, their business is totally corrupt, and all about whoring you out. If we could say all the real dirt about the owner and founding members that are still there on this forum, there would be some lawsuits flying.......lol

Good luck all you new recruits.........

6. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The guy I know that's been there around 6 or 7 years seems to have no problem replacing all kinds of parts on 1 year old units.

Post Likes
    Hi everyone I created an account purely to respond to this thread.Wow is all I can say about this thread.This really opened my eyes about a second interview I am supposed to have with these people.I tried to get on with these folks a few years ago and after an interview and submitting an application I never heard from these people again until a month ago.I was not impressed and I like to fix things and not be a brain dead parts changer my apologies to brain dead parts changers.I believe I will just put up with my bipolar boss until a more reputable company comes along.-

Post Likes
    Good move

Sent from my van

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    I don't know anything about CMS, but if you are in ohio, then look into Engineering Excellence. I worked as a remote tech in Chicago. I thought they were a good bunch of folks. There was no profit tracking to my knowledge. If there was, they put no pressure on me. That and finding stuff that's wrong or broken on poorly maintained HVAC equipment is a no brainer. I left out of boredom. I worked on the retail side. They had plenty of work.

They have two sides of the business. National retail, and full service in there local offices. I would look to get in on the Full service side.
    I, 2nd, that, EEI has a bunch of great guys ,I worked for them over 4 years and only left cause of moving down south, today we still keep incontact and hoping soon they open a office close to charlotte. great company.
    life is at its best when u learn something new.

Post Likes
    Don't work there. You will be used and abused. No benefits. No help. No time off except around Christmas when its usually slow, but you will sit home for weeks. Worked out of Alabama office, management abusive buttheads. Worst job ever.

Post Likes
    You are wrong. At CMS, is you have an NTE OF $800 (NOt To Exceed) you better quote $800 worth of repairs on every visit or butthead management you will hear from. CMS does not want quality techs, they want professional parts changers.

Post Likes
    spot on. Alabama office is full of buttheads

Post Likes
    CMS lost CVS contract after a few month. When I worked there, we ripped them off on every service call.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzyfitta View Post
    So what pharmacy chain? What shop? Just curious. Never seen a CMS van around here or heard of them.
    CVS is the pharmacy. CMS was ripping them off in a big way.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTechMech View Post
    My guess is Target, but multi-NATIONAL goliath sounds like Johnson Control/York or Siemens or something. Service guys around here work pretty consistantly... as long as they're not resi techs.
    CMS had Target for a time but like most big box stores CMS was servicing, they figured out CMS was taking advantage of them.

Post Likes
    They had some vans here in central MO for a few years. I have not seen the around much lately.

18. Likes Jiim Null liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in