Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HVAC Service/Installer

Position: HVAC service/installer tech
    Work Location: Florida (Broward County)
    Pay Rate: $15.00 to $20.00 per hour depending on experience

- Change outs, new installations, service calls (Residential & Light Commercial)

Requirements:
    Need to have tools, Three years of experience, EPA certification, Two-year college or technical school with a certificate in Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating, High school diploma or equivalent (GED), Valid State of Florida Driver's license with a good driving record.

Please send me your resume to: (954) 434-0188

SMC Air Conditioning
    www.smcairconditioning.com

Don't you require a license also ? A EPA certificate and a certificate from a school is all you need for this job ? In my state anyone not having a basic license can not be sent on a job solo , even if they have many years experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Don't you require a license also ? A EPA certificate and a certificate from a school is all you need for this job ? In my state anyone not having a basic license can not be sent on a job solo , even if they have many years experience.
    Every State is different. Some you don't need much to work or even own a company.

Here in Texas you don't have to have a license to do hvac service work. Only epa certification,

I mean as long as your working for a licensed company

Quote Originally Posted by airknight1 View Post
    Here in Texas you don't have to have a license to do hvac service work. Only epa certification,
    You do have to have a contractors license (or work for someone who does) and/or registration and an EPA certification for the type of HVAC/R work to do any HVAC work in the state of Texas, except for apartments.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    You do have to have a contractors license (or work for someone who does) and/or registration and an EPA certification for the type of HVAC/R work to do any HVAC work in the state of Texas, except for apartments.
    Yes, an ACR Tech Registration or Certification Card is required. This other guy probably doesn't have either.

Quote Originally Posted by MechTech2013 View Post
    Yes, an ACR Tech Registration or Certification Card is required. This other guy probably doesn't have either.
    Yup, I got one. I use to work at DFW International Airport. And it doesn't shock me. There are so many residential "HVAC" Techs in Dallas that have nothing let alone an EPA Cert. And most of them work for Comfort Experts/Hobson/ Whatever name they are using now to hide from the BBB or Frymire. They both have the "Every customer is worth at least 500 dollars" business plan.

I read that the certification in TX is just a criminal background ck and a $25 fee to the state once a year. That the Registration is basically the same thing but you have to pass a test also and pay $35 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by airknight1 View Post
    I read that the certification in TX is just a criminal background ck and a $25 fee to the state once a year. That the Registration is basically the same thing but you have to pass a test also and pay $35 a year.
    You have to have:

1.) An EPA Certification that allows you to work on the proper equipment for which you are certified for, if you are universal then you can work on anything but Boilers of certain sizes and ammonia, they both require special certs.

2.) You have to either have the proper License to work on residential, commercial, or both OR you must be working for a someone with the correct License. If you have a license then you must also have to have the correct insurance. It will also only allow you to work up to the starter but not after it. That requires an electrical license.

3.) You have to be registered or certified by the State of Texas which is a bit more then just a background check but not much more and the certification requires a State approved test by one of the listed entities.

So yes, it is very easy to get; which should makes you wonder why someone wouldn't since the State of Texas tells people to check a technician and companies license and registration before they start work. Is it necessary to have or just a way for Texas to make money? No it isn't needed, but it is such a minor and simple thing to get that if you can't get it, there is a very good reason for you to not have it.

What's matter with frymire? I worked there from 94 to 2000. They were pretty good back then. Have they changed?

I have never met a Frymire tech that even know how to use a micron gauge vacuum pump or what superheat and subcooling purpose is and what it tells you.

I am not saying you are one of those people I didn't met one until 2006 but...............I have met 6.

That's true! The company I worked for took over frymires work and some employees and they didn't seem to know much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast