It's getting hard to keep up with who owns who. Would be strange to now be owned by the same company as your former competition. 'Ok you guys shake and make up now'

Actually Schneider Electric bought Invensys and in addition to TAC they own Andover.

Somehow Invensys & TAC will converge but who knows how at this point. Invensys is brought to market through Independent Field Offices so I think some care will have to be had by Invensys/TAC as to how changes are implemented since they don't have direct control of field offices.

maybe it's just to improve their distribution channels and they will let the factions fight it out like Honeywell does.

It'll be interesting - especially for us. We are a TAC dealer and the local Invensys shop is a competitor.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

When TAC bought Andover, the results for dealers in our region was either; dealer lost his dealership (local TAC office took on the product) or dealer was purchased.

Invensys pulled out of our region nearly two years ago; they closed their offices and in most cases the former workers started up as dealerships.

Feedback from TAC guys locally suggests they are having trouble servicing all the different product lines (CSI, TAC, Andover). Add Invensys into the mix and it can only get worse.

The initial comment from TAC was they were going to maintain independant product lines (mainly because TAC=LON, Andover=BACnet). Perhaps the comment in another post that Invensys adds a 'Tridium' layer on top is on the money?

I see the Tridium being a key point of interest. Invensys has both LON & BACNET product lines which are I assume comparable to TAC & Andover products which Tridium can be used on. It may give legacy driver support (Network 8000 for example) for TAC or Andover in markets Invensys is no longer in.

Invensys also has some OEM offerings and could have some distribution channels that fill gaps.

There are Tridium-like front ends out there already and many, many more to come. All they are is convenient at the moment.

I would agree more with the OEM and distribution channels.

With the Invensys purchase Schneider also gets the Robertshaw and Ranco brands. RS is in to gas valves and light commercial thermostats competing with Honeywell and White Rogers. Ranco is refrigeration. They also pick up a refrigeration system (Crysalis) which I believe runs number 2 behind Computer Process Controls (Emerson) in supermarkets.

From what I know TAC actuators and valves haven't really set the world on fire. The Invensys brand would appear to have more recognition.

Rolling in the IA series though seems problematic IMO....really a hodge podge of buiding system brands under one roof.

What about Wonderware?

Wonderware is part of the process/industrial control group. Schneider only bought building controls.