Job offer from Ars rescue rooter

I have a job offer from this company and was wondering what anyones experience was like working with this company. The position is for a service tech which is a performance/commission pay

Quote Originally Posted by Acmaster111 View Post
    I have a job offer from this company and was wondering what anyones experience was like working with this company. The position is for a service tech which is a performance/commission pay
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/A...ue-Rooter.aspx

i Googled, is this the same company?

Personally I'd stay away from them, but it could all depend on the management. I worked for a company that was purchased by ARS, and I quit after 16 hours.

I believe they are the same company..

I believe they are the same company..
    Well a Job is a job. its all about how much you can stomach. getting everything in writing is important. ask questions like what is the average pay for a tech, how much do they work for that, when are commission's paid, what is the % etc..get a job description. who writes up bids, who determines time etc.. They can play games with that. bid low make you do the work and say well you didn't make the margin so you don't get any commission on that job. good luck

It kinda makes you wonder when a company is constantly running job ads when they are only about a 12 man operation at the branch in my area.,

It kinda makes you wonder when a company is constantly running job ads when they are only about a 12 man operation at the branch in my area.,
    It can also be a question of what kind of applicants come in.

Are they "go-getters" ?? Or slugs looking to get paid for putting time in ??

A smart employer is always looking to improve. While they may have a "full staff", they can always be looking to "trade up".
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

I worked there quit after 2 weeks.. You can make 3000 weekly..... if your good at selling... thats all its really based on.. 20$ per tune up 30$ per insurance call and whatever you sell

Also remember we get paid for what we know in this business not what we do.. lots of customers complain when you charge 200$ for a contacter and 300 for capacitor (might have those prices switched around) but anyways it only takes 5 mins to do that and they get kinda upset... really upset.... i believe in fair reasonable prices...