ETM 3051T RoofTop

Hi All,

I work in an HVAC Company and we have a new project involved with Rooftop and ETM 3051. It is a first time for me to have this unit and I would be glad to understand it and use it in the right way.

Novar ETM 3051:
    What does this module is for? I know that it is needed to be connected to an EMS System and I need to know how to do that?

I would be glad if you can help me with the following questions:
    1. What is the Protocol that ETM 3051T talks?
    2. How can I connect all 4 Units to a main EMS?
    3. Does it talks ModBUS-RTU?
    4. How can I monitor that Unit? I have heared about ESS32 But I could not see any download page for that SW.
    5. There is an ID DIP Switch at the front of the Panel - is it for ModBUS?
    6. Can I use ModScan with this unit (if it talks ModBUS)?
    7. It says that it works RS485 (2 wired) even if the unit it says that it can use also the third wire (SHILED) - do I need a converter to connect them?
    8. I have used to connect our PLC's with MOXA RS485 converters is that the same case here?
    9. If I want to have all 4 units connected Half Duplex multidrop can I use them wired using the +DATA and -DATA only? (No Sheild and No Converter is needed)
    10. How can I monitor the ETM 3051T? is it a part of my PLC programming to monitor the Units?
    11. Where can I find the registers addresses for the I/O within the ETM3051T? I'm not sure that I'm right in this but I need to understand if I need to map all 14x4 registers in my PLC in order to have all of the units monitored? (each unit has 14 I/O).

The above are part of the questions that I have regarding the unit and I'm so glad that I found your forum.

I really appreciate any help on my questions - I need to have it solved as soon as possible and I would be glad to learn from the experts

Thank you!!!
    Arye

You know those thick bible looking things that came with the unit? Read em you will be alot wiser and more in demand. I'm sorry but my time is wasted by walking around the job site being asked "what's that?" when theirs diagrams in the manual . Please disregard if manuals where lost in fire

Thank you for helping me.

I have all manuals in hand and I could not find the Protocol of which this unit works with? ModBUS? I would be glad if you could direct me on understanding the unit further and By that i'll be able to connect it with our rooftop units with success.

Thank You very much,
    Arye

It uses novars proprietary protocol.

ESS is needed to add it to the system and is not a free download. You would have to get it from a dealer.

The dip switches set the address of the module.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

[QUOTENovar ETM 3051:
    What does this module is for? I know that it is needed to be connected to an EMS System and I need to know how to do that?

I would be glad if you can help me with the following questions:
    1. What is the Protocol that ETM 3051T talks?
    2. How can I connect all 4 Units to a main EMS?
    3. Does it talks ModBUS-RTU?
    4. How can I monitor that Unit? I have heared about ESS32 But I could not see any download page for that SW.
    5. There is an ID DIP Switch at the front of the Panel - is it for ModBUS?
    6. Can I use ModScan with this unit (if it talks ModBUS)?
    7. It says that it works RS485 (2 wired) even if the unit it says that it can use also the third wire (SHILED) - do I need a converter to connect them?
    8. I have used to connect our PLC's with MOXA RS485 converters is that the same case here?
    9. If I want to have all 4 units connected Half Duplex multidrop can I use them wired using the +DATA and -DATA only? (No Sheild and No Converter is needed)
    10. How can I monitor the ETM 3051T? is it a part of my PLC programming to monitor the Units?
    11. Where can I find the registers addresses for the I/O within the ETM3051T? I'm not sure that I'm right in this but I need to understand if I need to map all 14x4 registers in my PLC in order to have all of the units monitored? (each unit has 14 I/O).
    ][/QUOTE]

The Novar 3051 T is a proprietary control and monitoring module. It uses a zone sensor to monitor the space temperature, and a discharge air sensor to monitor the output of the unit. It communicates with the EMS system through a Novar Savvy controller (or later model) it communicates with the savvy controller via a 3 wire communications bus. This bus is serial, and can be daisy chained through all unis using Novar ETM's. each ETM has an address (set by the dip switches) that identifies it to the savvy controller. The setpoints are communicated to the ETMs by the savvy controller. ( these are set by the EMS system monitoring program) the 3051 does not have the ability to communicate with modbus, or any plc program. Hope this helps !