Page 58 of 93 FirstFirst ... 84851525354555657585960616263646568 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Fundamentalist would like you to believe that God only spoke to man back then but hasn’t since.
    And thus the construction of the oft used and highly versatile answer in a can! I call it the "strange and mysterious ways clause".

Watch! We're about to get a version of it.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Sorry, I meant Paul - He who never met Jesus in the flesh but was none-the-less the most influential writer of the Bible.

FWIW – Do you know what society calls people who witness fantastic, unexplainable phenomenon as Paul did? Kooks or liars. But back then they were viewed a little differently. Maybe because they were smarter, more rational, more trustworthy and better at an unbiased recording of history. Not!

BTW – I don’t doubt Paul had a vision of Jesus and tried to spread the word accurately. But I also do not doubt the many, many other people who have had similar experiences with Him that describe Him a little differently. The people back then were no better equipped to tell of Him than anyone else who comes in contact with Him, His Angels, or His Guardian Angels. Actually we are probably better, if people would just listen.
    Isn't it interesting though, that God suddenly stopped making appearances to profits after living through the man Jesus as the spiritual essence of one of His Creations? Could it be because we now have a complete set of guidelines to live by?

For the record, I am one of those kooks who believes he has been directly contacted by......something spiritual. I am also one who believes that I am at times filled with the Holy Spirit, presumably as I am able to handle the knowledge that is made known to me.

Isn't it curious that millions of people throughout the ages in every corner of the Earth have had similar experiences? What this suggests to me is that there are more kooks then not. Since "normal" is a gauge based on the majority, then I suppose being a kook is really normal.

I'm just saying.....
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Then state your case for the validity of Noah’s Ark…any part of it.

While you are at it, explain why paranormal experiences of people back then were so credible when those same types of experiences of modern day people are scoffed at by Fundamentalists?

Fundamentalist would like you to believe that God only spoke to man back then but hasn’t since.
    So why group all Christians into your concerns about fundamentalists? I certainly believe that God is still in communication with us, just no need for major prophets any longer. Since having lived as one of His Own Creations in His Created Universe, God was able to leave us with a completed instruction manual for how to best live within the parameters of physics and nature of the Universe.

Please, tell us what teachings from scripture that apply to the New Testament teachings would not be beneficial to man.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    And thus the construction of the oft used and highly versatile answer in a can! I call it the "strange and mysterious ways clause".

Watch! We're about to get a version of it.
    I don't see why this issue is strange and mysterious at all. If anything, it is even more proof of God's existance.

Prior to having become one of His Own creations as the incarnation of the man Jesus, God "spoke" through the prophets, those who were most loving of Him and who most acknowledged God.

I find it interesting that for about 400 years prior to God becoming man incarnate in the man Jesus, there is nothing recorded in Hebrew history about God's speaking to the Hebrews through prophets. My guess would be that this was the time where Jews were being so Hellenized, and then turned the tables on the Greeks to accept Greeks becoming Jews, that God must have been setting back thinking; "Now what do I do? I can't tell who is who any longer."

What to do, indeed. How about get personally involved by becoming one of us so God can sort out how to now deal with us?

God's "chosen" people, the Jews, were so intermingled with other ethnic groups that it must have been very difficult to tell who was who or what was what. So, God decided to check us out Himself by being the incarnate of the man Jesus. In doing so, God realized that man could not ever completely obey the laws of the Hebrew Bible, so God cut another deal, this time with all of mankind. Love and Accept Me through My mortal son, Jesus Christ, and your mortal sins will be forgiven.

Not that tough to comprehend if you want to.

Unlike physical science, in theological science, what you seek is usually what you find. I seek Truth, so Truth is what I find. If you seek kookiness, then that is what you will find. Non-believers tend to be like a man looking for gold who keeps tossing away ruby's and diamonds because they are not what he is looking for.

I thought is was the Prophets of the Bible God spoke to not the profits

Reference post #743

Now now!

Then state your case for the validity of Noah’s Ark…any part of it.
    see http://creation.com/the-earths-magne...earth-is-young

There is evidence that the atmosphere enveloping the early earth was very different than it is today. At one time the entire earth enjoyed a warm tropical environment and there was enhanced oxygen in the atmosphere. Organisms grew larger and lived longer as a result.

Some excerpts;
    John Baumgardner of Los Alamos has suggested that the atmosphere surrounding the original earth was far thicker than it is today and that the exploding of the fountains of the great deep during the initial stages of the Genesis Flood stripped some of this atmosphere away.

in South America and New Zealand, an international team of researchers has determined that climate changes - both warming and cooling patterns - during the late Pleistocene occurred rapidly and were global in scale.

The water vapor canopy hypothesis would neatly explain yet another observed anomaly...too much water in Earth's upper atmosphere. NASA satellites have confirmed far more hydroxyl in the hydrosphere than current models predict. The parent molecule of hydroxyl (OH) is water (H2O). Because ultraviolet radiation from the sun breaks down water in Earth's upper atmosphere into hydroxyl and hydrogen, a large amount of water must have previously existed. Some have proposed a constant influx of mini-comets as a source for the mysterious water, but that theory has been strongly criticized as unworkable. (Matthews, Robert, New Scientist, July, 1997, pp. 26-27.)

Another interesting feature of the early earth atmosphere was enhanced oxygen. "The Earth's atmosphere 80 million years ago contained 50 per cent more oxygen than it does now, according to an analysis of microscopic air bubbles trapped in fossilized tree resin. The implications of the discovery - if confirmed by more experiments - are enormous. One implication is that the atmospheric pressure of the Earth would have been much greater during the Cretaceous era, when the bubbles formed in the resin. A dense atmosphere could also explain how the ungainly pterosaur, with its stubby body and wing span of up to 11 meters, could have stayed airborne, he said. The spread of angiosperms, flowering plants, during the Cretaceous era could have caused the high oxygen levels reported by Berner and Landis, scientists said last week." (Anderson, Ian, "Dinosaurs Breathed Air Rich in Oxygen," New Scientist, vol. 116, p. 25. Cited in The Modern Creation Trilogy by Morris) Some have even suggested that without such an atmosphere the relatively small lung capacity in certain dinosaurs could not have supplied their massive tissue with the needed oxygen.

In October 2006 Science Daily publicized a study led by Arizona State University staff entitled "Giant Insects Might Reign If Only There Was More Oxygen In The Air." The article claims, "The delicate lady bug in your garden could be frighteningly large if only there was a greater concentration of oxygen in the air, a new study concludes. The study adds support to the theory that some insects were much larger during the late Paleozoic period because they had a much richer oxygen supply, said the study's lead author Alexander Kaiser. The Paleozoic period...was a time of huge and abundant plant life and rather large insects -- dragonflies had two-and-a-half-foot wing spans, for example. The air's oxygen content was 35% during this period, compared to the 21% we breathe now, Kaiser said." This research concurs with the biblical model of the early earth. In 2010 researchers at Arizona State University presented the results of experiments raising insects in various levels of atmospheric oxygen. Ten out of twelve varieties of insects studied decreased in size with lower oxygen. Some, like dragonflies, grew faster and became bigger in an enriched oxygen atmosphere (Science Daily, October 30, 2010.).

Really must I continue (my editing).

While you are at it, explain why paranormal experiences of people back then were so credible when those same types of experiences of modern day people are scoffed at by Fundamentalists?
    As in supernatural? Why? Do you believe the BIBLE (God's Word)?
    Read God's word to man for a change. It was written for us so that we might find God. Our Sins have separated us from Him.

See the Bible. God still speaks to us. Anyway, why bother with your questions seeing that you don't believe in The God, The Creator, Almighty, Anointed One, Bridegroom, Comforter, Everlasting Father, Faithful and True, I AM, Holy One, Jehovah, Righteous Judge, Saviour, Wonderful, ..... and many more.

Go on and on mocking God...
    It's not me, I'm not the Judge.

You may see; there are many scientist that still believe in God's creation and His version and they have credible Predictions from their hypothesis and so on...
    But I can see that many will not have an open mind to see all aspects of science; notwithstanding God's Word.

You believe what you will, I'll accept God's Word (the end will justify the means).

To the future!

this thread is still going?

Quote Originally Posted by bribrius View Post
    this thread is still going?
    No. It must be something you ate that makes you think so.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    So why group all Christians into your concerns about fundamentalists? I certainly believe that God is still in communication with us, just no need for major prophets any longer. Since having lived as one of His Own Creations in His Created Universe, God was able to leave us with a completed instruction manual for how to best live within the parameters of physics and nature of the Universe.

Please, tell us what teachings from scripture that apply to the New Testament teachings would not be beneficial to man.
    Im surprised that makes since to you, no wonder it doent make sense to those who dont believe, the trinity doctrine is a lie, it also doesnt make any sense, no wonder they shake their heads at believers.
    Some of the other stuff where good points though.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
    Im surprised that makes since to you, no wonder it doent make sense to those who dont believe, the trinity doctrine is a lie, it also doesnt make any sense, no wonder they shake their heads at believers.
    The trinity dont make sense? what on earth gave you that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
    And here is a good example of why fundamentalists are not very good messengers of the Good News.....

Maybe the Trinity is not accurate, but God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are all parts of the same God in heaven according to scripture.

Quote Originally Posted by bribrius View Post
    The trinity dont make sense? what on earth gave you that idea?

Unitarians somewhat adopted Arianism because they can't count to three and don't understand the concept of a whole being made up of many parts.

Page 58 of 93 FirstFirst ... 84851525354555657585960616263646568 ... LastLast