Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast
    I have been on vacation from ARP (by choice)... saw this thread and thought I would read for a while:

GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    I believe that the basic definition of a Christian is following the teachings of Christ as revealed by the New Testament.

I agree with Coolwhip in that the institution of "religion" does more harm than good. Christianity as Christ taught goes far beyond and deeper than "religion" as it exists today.

The "turn the other cheek" teaching by Jesus is the one most professing Christians ignore. If you read the whole New Testament it is central to many of Christ's teachings.

Slatts, a question for you who look at Christianity from outside of it. What do you see as the "perfect" Christian? (As close as a fallible human could get to perfect, that is) What attributes would convince you that someone is truly a Christian?
    Mate, I don't think there are many true Christians.

It's too hard.

I'd be willing to give someone that epithet if they were willing to make the sacrifices required to live in this day and age by the teaching attributed to Jesus Christ.

You've got to love the unlovable, help the helpless, forgive the unforgivable...

Anyone doing anything less is just a dilettante.

How many Christians do you know who would be willing to forgive Hitler if they came across him and take him into their homes and give him a feed?

I know I bloody wouldn't.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Maybe that is why Jesus did not write anything. He relied on the Holy Spirit to speak to everyone...even to so called non-Christians. But how do you form a religion and control the people with that.
    I don't expect that most religions were formed with the intention of controlling people.

That usually slips in later.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Slatts View Post
    Mate, I don't think there are many true Christians.

It's too hard.

I'd be willing to give someone that epithet if they were willing to make the sacrifices required to live in this day and age by the teaching attributed to Jesus Christ.

You've got to love the unlovable, help the helpless, forgive the unforgivable...

Anyone doing anything less is just a dilettante.

How many Christians do you know who would be willing to forgive Hitler if they came across him and take him into their homes and give him a feed?

I know I bloody wouldn't.
    I agree with you there.

Mark 10:27

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I have been on vacation from ARP (by choice)... saw this thread and thought I would read for a while:

It's been very civil and polite.

Got to admit I was a tad nervous when I started it.

Tollerance

What kind of good works do I get up to to glorify God? Giving egotistical pot stirrers the chance to expose the decay their very soul, by allowing them to publicly throw rocks at me for being Christian, tops the list so far today. However by nightfall I hope to have shown kindness, compassion, respect, faith, hope, charity, long suffering, love and devotion in addition to tollerance...Please do not mistake my kindness for weakness, for I lack nothing.
    Living the dream !!

I invite you to join me on Sunday mornings by television and watch this.....

http://www.jhm.org/

John Hagee is one of the best ministers I have ever heard. Open your mind and heart and be blessed by the word of God! Mankind will only disappoint you when matched up against the Bibles teachings. Myself included! We are all as filthy rags in His site, but he loves us enough anyway that he sent his Son to die and pay the price for our shortcomings.
    II Chronicles 7:14 Galatians 2:20 Ephesians 2:8-9

Quote Originally Posted by Makinhole View Post
    What kind of good works do I get up to to glorify God? Giving egotistical pot stirrers the chance to expose the decay their very soul, by allowing them to publicly throw rocks at me for being Christian, tops the list so far today. However by nightfall I hope to have shown kindness, compassion, respect, faith, hope, charity, long suffering, love and devotion in addition to tollerance...Please do not mistake my kindness for weakness, for I lack nothing.

that's very magnanimous of you Makinhole.

Is pride still considered a sin?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech it out View Post
    I invite you to join me on Sunday mornings by television and watch this.....

http://www.jhm.org/

John Hagee is one of the best ministers I have ever heard. Open your mind and heart and be blessed by the word of God! Mankind will only disappoint you when matched up against the Bibles teachings. Myself included! We are all as filthy rags in His site, but he loves us enough anyway that he sent his Son to die and pay the price for our shortcomings.
    Thank you for the invitation Tech it out but I don't believe he is aired down here in Aus.

Speaking of things Aus, it's about 3AM Sunday here and well past my bed time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slatts View Post
    Thank you for the invitation Tech it out but I don't believe he is aired down here in Aus.

Speaking of things Aus, it's about 3AM Sunday here and well past my bed time.
    Can get it by internet. Would be worth a little investigation to see I assure you!

Here's a lil story for youz...

12 years ago we moved into this house. The wife made a friend at the end of the block...our kids attend the same school. The friend came over a couple of times and hung out with the wife....turns out that they both share a fancy for old Steiff teddy bears.
    The wife gave her an antique Steiff bear because she really admired it. A week later, this friend invites us to her home to meet a Christian study group she is involved with.
    We respectfully declined the invitation as I am not a Christian and the wife is Catholic.

She hasn't spoken to us since and its been over 11 years.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Grace

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God. Not of Makinhole. I do not wish to mislead you in any way, as I believe this to have eternal consequences. If you judge me to be prideful, I would have to agree with you. Not in comparison to my neighbor, but in comparison with where I desire to be, (that is) in comparison with my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am a filthy sinner, and rely on Grace to be saved in the kingdom of God. I believe this Grace stems directly from my Lord, Jesus Christ, living a sinless life; atoning for the sins of all men;
    voluntarily giving up his life upon the cross at Calvary, and rising to live again 3 days later. Jesus led a perfect life, BECAUSE OF THE LOVE HE HAS FOR ME, God will not deprive him of my presence for eternity, so if I repent and strive to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I can be made perfect through the Grace of Jesus Christ. Is this not the will of God? I thank you for posing this question, I think topics dealing with god are ignored or mocked in todays society...
    Living the dream !!

Quote Originally Posted by Makinhole View Post
    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God. Not of Makinhole. I do not wish to mislead you in any way, as I believe this to have eternal consequences. If you judge me to be prideful, I would have to agree with you. Not in comparison to my neighbor, but in comparison with where I desire to be, (that is) in comparison with my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am a filthy sinner, and rely on Grace to be saved in the kingdom of God. I believe this Grace stems directly from my Lord, Jesus Christ, living a sinless life; atoning for the sins of all men;
    voluntarily giving up his life upon the cross at Calvary, and rising to live again 3 days later. Jesus led a perfect life, BECAUSE OF THE LOVE HE HAS FOR ME, God will not deprive him of my presence for eternity, so if I repent and strive to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I can be made perfect through the Grace of Jesus Christ. Is this not the will of God? I thank you for posing this question, I think topics dealing with god are ignored or mocked in todays society...
    Well said! That pretty much sums it all up. We can never do enough good works to be saved, is only by the Grace of God and faith in Christ that we are saved. When God looks at me He doesn't see a filthy sinner, He sees Christ, His Son, who bore ALL the penalties for my sins on the cross!

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast