+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ebay

Post Likes
    Have any of you bought HVAC hand tools on Ebay? I recently bought a Item and then wondered maybe this was stolen off a Tech's Truck? It's been bugging me and I wonder maybe I shouldn't Have bought the Item, If it came from someones truck I would feel really bad, What do you guy's think?

Post Likes
    I`ve bought plenty of stuff on E-Bay,never gave much thought as to where it came from.

I guess you just have to hope it`s legit and someone really just wants to sell off their tools.
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

Post Likes

I bought a Paslode ½" crown stapler

that was in "fine" shape. Only shot a staple every few shots. So I sent it to Paslode and had it fixed. Still broke. Woulda been cheaper to buy new.

So yea, don't worry, only half is stolen. The other half is just wore out.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    I keep an eye out for stuff, and I hope to find the $500 Meter that was stolen from me this winter. Bastards...

I did buy a really nice scale for myself this winter for under 1/2 price. We actually use it for fishing contests...
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Post Likes
    If you buy new stuff in a sealed package then you can sleep better.
    I’ve got a lot of HVAC tools from E-bay. My Fluke 16 and 30 were brand new for half price.
    Used tools - I don’t worry too much, although I got pissed one day when bought a book and there was a stamp on second page from public library in CA.

Post Likes
    If you're worried about buying stolen tools, don't buy any that aren't new. The old man selling them in his yardsale could be the local fence.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Post Likes
    I've gotten some awesome deals off Ebay online. There are plenty of tool dealers on there selling new for great prices. I did buy some things off a guy going out of buisness once.
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

Post Likes
    Never bought but I love going through Ebay Automart just to look at cars.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by sigma
    If you buy new stuff in a sealed package then you can sleep better.
    I’ve got a lot of HVAC tools from E-bay. My Fluke 16 and 30 were brand new for half price.
    Used tools - I don’t worry too much, although I got pissed one day when bought a book and there was a stamp on second page from public library in CA.

Why be upset, libraries sell off books all the time. It was probably a very little borrowed or out dated book and someone bought it and resold it.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Post Likes
    Well I got a great deal on a Fluke 52-2. I purchased off Ebay as a package deal. I got the following:
    1- Fluke 52-2 Temp Meter
    1- Surface probe 80PK-3a
    1- Pipe Clamp Probe 80PK-8
    1- Temp Probe 80PK-25
    2- Bead Probes
    All this for 269.00 Thats with shipping Good deal or what? Just couldn't pass it up! I got meter in mail today and it looks brand new still has screen cover on screen, checked out and temps are right on the money. Can't wait to try it out on Monday. The One I have now is junk and will hit the trash can Tomorrow.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by service guy
    Have any of you bought HVAC hand tools on Ebay? I recently bought a Item and then wondered maybe this was stolen off a Tech's Truck? It's been bugging me and I wonder maybe I shouldn't Have bought the Item, If it came from someones truck I would feel really bad, What do you guy's think?

Service guy , your probably right . In fact Im pretty sure its mine that you have. E-mail me and I will give you an address to send it........ok

Post Likes
    All EBAY, some new, some used. You can't even begin to think about whether it was stolen or not. That's out of your control. There are several things you can do to look out for it, though.
    I've saved thousands and thousands of the years. Scales, tanks, recovery machines. I just got an APPION G5 new in the box for 5 bills a couple of weeks ago. The other 5 bills I saved is under my pillow. I sleep like a baby!

Don't argue with an idiot, you'll have to go down to their level and they'll beat you with experience!
    New and Improved, Drain Blaster 2006 Thread
    www.AIR-WIZZ.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in