Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Trying to file a police complaint

Interesting video on what happens if you try and file a complaint against a police officer. Obviously not the right way to go about it lolz.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0f2_1333068457
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Pretty sad that most of those officers are still on the job.

Really, this video looked like a set up?

I might go along with that if it didn't consist of multiple precincts and officers.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Really, this video looked like a set up?

I might go along with that if it didn't consist of multiple precincts and officers.
    I just played back the first minute or so and none of the clips started from the start of a conversation.

If you walk into a station or up to a cop and start making a pig of yourself to the extent that you've riled your mark to the point that he starts getting cranky then start the playback...

Just another day in the 60 Minute editing office.

I could be wrong but that's the way it looks to me.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Slatts View Post
    I just played back the first minute or so and none of the clips started from the start of a conversation.

If you walk into a station or up to a cop and start making a pig of yourself to the extent that you've riled your mark to the point that he starts getting cranky then start the playback...

Just another day in the 60 Minute editing office.

I could be wrong but that's the way it looks to me.
    I remember watching the full episode on this and they did show the encounters from start to finish with no editing. Then they showed the aftermath where they interviewed the officers commanders after showing them the tapes of the encounter.

Most, if not all, made excuses on how it was a lack of training on the matter, some promised to implement new training procedures or refresher courses. No one was punished or fired over the incident.

I am by no means a cop basher, in fact I fully support the police being in emergency services myself, but this was a common sense matter that became very hostile and threatening towards an innocent civilian. If an officer handled that incident that poorly I would agree he has no business being in law enforcement. Heads needed to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    I remember watching the full episode on this and they did show the encounters from start to finish with no editing. Then they showed the aftermath where they interviewed the officers commanders after showing them the tapes of the encounter.

Most, if not all, made excuses on how it was a lack of training on the matter, some promised to implement new training procedures or refresher courses. No one was punished or fired over the incident.

I am by no means a cop basher, in fact I fully support the police being in emergency services myself, but this was a common sense matter that became very hostile and threatening towards an innocent civilian. If an officer handled that incident that poorly I would agree he has no business being in law enforcement. Heads needed to roll.
    In which case, I withdraw my previous cynicism.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Cops protecting Cops. Cops are corrupt.

Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Cops protecting Cops. Cops are corrupt.

Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely!
    All this from a GLOBAL MODERATOR!
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

Quote Originally Posted by o-ring View Post
    All this from a GLOBAL MODERATOR!
    actually Bob is correct.

Ever party with a bunch of cops? I have

ever go to a bachelor party with cops, I have, been to several parties.

Trust me, if you party with cops, it's reeeeaaaly hard to get in trouble when you party with cops

They have this "thing" called Professional Courtesy, it works across *most* jurisdictions. (not all jurisdictions)

The general rule of thumb is, if you get stopped, tell them where you were AND DON'T HIT ANYTHING (if you hit so much as a mail box, they have no idea who you are, period)
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    actually Bob is correct.

Ever party with a bunch of cops? I have

ever go to a bachelor party with cops, I have, been to several parties.

Trust me, if you party with cops, it's reeeeaaaly hard to get in trouble when you party with cops

They have this "thing" called Professional Courtesy, it works across *most* jurisdictions. (not all jurisdictions)

The general rule of thumb is, if you get stopped, tell them where you were AND DON'T HIT ANYTHING (if you hit so much as a mail box, they have no idea who you are, period)
    Yeah, I have partied with a bunch of cops, and you are right they get away with a lot. I have played sports for years with some and some can turn real nasty as well!

I couldn't resist a little fun with Bob since he has a Police Car as an Avatar.
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

Quote Originally Posted by o-ring View Post
    Yeah, I have partied with a bunch of cops, and you are right they get away with a lot. I have played sports for years with some and some can turn real nasty as well!

I couldn't resist a little fun with Bob since he has a Police Car as an Avatar.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Work's for family members too. A little business card in the wallet acts like a get out jail free card. I have fist hand knowledge of that.....not me personally though.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Some of the responses by the various officers was certainly out of line, but if someone claims to be wanting to file a complaint then refuses to give any details or even identify themselves, IMO the officer has good reason to be suspicious.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast