Thread: AX CCN Driver

AX CCN Driver

Anyone know where I can get ahold of the ccn driver?

Any distributor should have it available. Better bring your American Express card!! It comes with most new distributions, it just has to be licensed to run.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

I have been trying to find out the cost. but after 3 distributors they all can't seem to figure out how to get the license.

Call Ener-Tech at 1-615-269-5643 and ask for Mark. They have what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by beenaxed View Post
    Call Ener-Tech at 1-615-269-5643 and ask for Mark. They have what you need.
    Thank you, I just got ahold of another dist and the price is pretty steep

I am getting kinda tired of using carrier lon cards. How well does the AX Driver work? If your doing a number of CCN devices the price adds up quickly.

CCN module works pretty good. I've used it once and it had no problem going out and discovering all of the devices then bringing in all of the necessary points.
    It is also helpful to have Service Tool V as well.

Has anyone used the CCN driver to discover older PIC modules? Looking at a project right now this would really help on.

Thanks

Im looking at a job right now with a Carrier 3V pilot system. I know very little about Carrier controls. I'd like to bring this into an FX60 and i'm guessing all I need is the CCN driver on the AX side. Do I need anything special on the Carrier side?

Carrier Service Tool V would probably be helpful

I will see about that service tool. What do I wire the jace to? Is there a carrier supervisory controller on the system or is that what the pilot is for?

Nothing special on the Carrier side that I am aware of. The recent job that I did had several 40UH unit ventilators and a few CCN64 modules. The old computer with Carrier ComfortView on it crashed and there was no backups and the customer wanted to convert to internet access. I removed the old modem and tied the Jace to the network at that point on the RS-485 network.
    It was as simple as that. The discovery process was simple yet a little slow. It helps if you know some of the original network parameters.
    Search here and on Niagara Central for some tips on how to set the network settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotworms View Post
    Im looking at a job right now with a Carrier 3V pilot system. I know very little about Carrier controls. I'd like to bring this into an FX60 and i'm guessing all I need is the CCN driver on the AX side. Do I need anything special on the Carrier side?
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotworms View Post
    I will see about that service tool. What do I wire the jace to? Is there a carrier supervisory controller on the system or is that what the pilot is for?
    The System Pilot is to access the system, will work like NST but easier with software.

There is no supervisory controller in a 3V System. The devices are setup to talk to each other and the Air Source.

If the job is already setup and running you shouldn't need anything but the Jace and CCN Driver. Would only need NST if you need to setup a new system, but the System Pilot can also do this.

The Jace would wire to the comm buss [18-3 shielded] via the serial port. CCN Comm is daisy chain, no star or t-tap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"