Compressor pop off

I am working on a carrier chiller with 4 compresors in it. 2 compressors to a series. I have 1 set the popped off the pressure relief valve on the crank case located above the sight glass. Now keeping in mind there 2 compessors tied together only one with a relief valve. What would cause that I have never seen that happen before. So need some help soon customer is down on a stage and weather is getting warmer. Thanks

I have never seen a relief valve on the suction side of a compressor be it Carrier or who ever. What model compressors are we talking about here???
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

The relief is on the face of the compressor next to the oil pump. It is there incase someone isolates the compressors for safety reasons. Replace the relief and move on. You can replace with a standard relief of the same values.

Do you know if this valve is ported to the high side or is just taped into the crank case. Also Do you think a bad valve on one of the compressorwould cause this. I'm thinking it can't build enough pressure at that point. I'm just worried that there may be an issue still

Tapped into the crankcase.