+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HVACR SERVICE CT-MA-RI

Post Likes

HVACR SERVICE CT-MA-RI

Total Comfort Mechanical, LLC is a leading provider of self-perform regional HVAC/R services to the nation's largest retailers and commercial clients. Based in New Jersey, the firm has quickly become a "go to" contractor in the Northeast. Our goal is to hire and retain highly motivated individuals who have the highest ethical standards and the best reputation in the industry. Built on customer service and customer satisfaction, the greatest assets of our company are our employees and the clients they serve. If you have a passion to excel in this field and are looking for a career rather than a job, we invite you to come learn more about our rapidly expanding team.

Service Technician Position

Qualifications:
    -Min 5 years of service
    -Independent worker
    -Ability to learn multiple sized and types of systems
    -Good appearance, organizational skills, and detailed oriented
    -Hands on knowledge of one or more of the following:
    -HVAC systems (1-50 Tons)
    -Commercial refrigeration
    -Boilers (gas and oil fired)
    -Electrical Troubleshooting
    -Digital Controls
    -Flexibility to work overtime/weekends/holidays, as necessary

Education:
    -High school diploma or equivalent
    -Universal type refrigerant certification
    -Valid driver's license
    -HVAC Technician's License

Our Standard Benefits include:
    -Medical/Prescription Drug Insurance
    -Dental
    -Vision
    -Retirement
    -Death Benifit
    -Company Paid Holidays
    -Paid Vacation
    -Service Truck
    -Uniforms
    -Tool Loans

Please visit our website to apply www.totalcomfortmechanical.com

Post Likes
    Looked through your site, could not find wage compensation.

What would one expect to be compensated, meeting your above criteria?

Post Likes
    Compensation is based upon experience, but for the journeyman position we have open would be in the range of 50-65k

Quote Originally Posted by indy2000 View Post
    Looked through your site, could not find wage compensation.

What would one expect to be compensated, meeting your above criteria?

Post Likes
    "journeyman". Are you a Union company?

Post Likes
    I happen to know Mr-Kool personally so i implore anyone meeting those qualifications to contact him.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Post Likes
    No we are non-union, but we are very competitive in compensation and benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicallyInclined View Post
    "journeyman". Are you a Union company?

Post Likes
    Some of these Union HVACR Tradesmen & Servicemen that aren't advancing due to the MES limitations might be interested. This position is for Light Commercial Unitary service correct?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-kool View Post
    Compensation is based upon experience, but for the journeyman position we have open would be in the range of 50-65k
    thank you.

IMHO I don't see that as competitive, compared to locals in the area you serve.

thanx again and good luck.

Post Likes
    That is correct

Some of these Union HVACR Tradesmen & Servicemen that aren't advancing due to the MES limitations might be interested. This position is for Light Commercial Unitary service correct?

Post Likes
    What do you mean by MES limitations.

Post Likes
    MES, under any type of National agreement, can "lock" guys into Tradesman 1, 2, 3 and Serviceman 1 & 2 which are equal to scaling Apprentices, in pay, but these positions have no advancement. You may not even qualify for Local training, if the company you work for isn't contributing to the Local training fund.
    This non-Union job might be competitive to what a Serviceman makes. Read the listing, it's not like they're asking for a chiller mechanic for $65K. Comparing this job, considering the duties listed, is along the lines of a Tradesman 3 or Serviceman. Apples to apples.

Post Likes
    so to get this straight.

mechanical equipment serviceman

AND

mechanical equipment journeyman

are two DIFFERENT entities?

the job listed by the OP is for serviceman which is similar to an apprentice to a journeyman?

so the poster is looking for an apprentice with 5years experience, hence the low pay?

I looked over the agreement, am I missing something here?

Sorry to OP but I think this needs clarification.

Post Likes
    so to get this straight.

mechanical equipment serviceman

AND

mechanical equipment journeyman

are two DIFFERENT entities?

the job listed by the OP is for serviceman which is similar to an apprentice to a journeyman?

so the poster is looking for an apprentice with 5years experience, hence the low pay?

I looked over the agreement, am I missing something here?

Sorry to OP but I think this needs clarification.
    Yes, MES Serviceman & MES Journeyman are two different things. MES Sm is a non chiller mechanic, usually light commercial AC &/or commercial refrigeration. An MES Jm is a chiller mechanic, both as per the National agreements. Honeywell for example is know to pay non chiller mechanics, Jm wages. Carrier & Johnson Controls have gotten away from doing this. They're the ones w/the most Sm & Tm (MES Tradesmen) in the field.
    This company is non-Union, so they can designate however they want. If you look at the posting it states AC up to 50 tons, which is light commercial. So to compare this position to a Union HVACR (Local or MES) Jm, & to Jm wages is comparing apples to oranges.
    There's non-Union companies that do expect chiller mechanics to work for Sm equivalent. SMH. Source offered that to me. Thanks but no thanks.

Post Likes
    thanx, Mechanically Inclined.

makes sense, now.

Post Likes
    thanx, Mechanically Inclined.

makes sense, now.
    Does the Local Union is your area refer to HVACR Repair & Maintenance Service as MES? Or are you familiar w/any one of the National agreements? Local Union terminology can be very confusing, some might call you a Building Trades RefrigerationFitter Jm even tho you may never worked on a construction site! Some might call you an A Card. Some might call you an R1. Some might call you an MES Jm even tho you're not under any National agreement.

Post Likes
    Does the Local Union is your area refer to HVACR Repair & Maintenance Service as MES? .
    nope.

my ticket says, Refrigeration mechanic. local 516

we don't have those 'classes'

everybody in our local, are expected to be able to work from fractional to 200+ Ton chillers.

Post Likes
    My card says "BTJ Pipefitter Refrigeration" a.k.a. RefrigerationFitter, even tho I've never been on a construction site or worked on a team under a BT Foreman! I've always been Union under the National agreements (MES), Honeywell, Carrier & York/Johnson Controls. I only know about the Local Albuquerque agreement from reading it, not from working under it. We'd only revert to it for Jm scale & things like holiday designations, on-call pay and tools provisions.

Post Likes
    After careful consideration, this position wouldn't be competative, pay wise, to a Union company in the Boston area, as an Sm 1 (80% of Jm) would do about $77K/Yr. & an Sm 2 would do even higher. Not that bad for CT & RI tho.

Post Likes
    hope to hear a response from the original poster on your findings.

Post Likes
    55,000-65,000 how is this competitive lol union journeyman service tech makes 36.00 hour thats 75,000 a year not including benefits good luck with finding a good tech for 25.00 hour in ny doing commercial work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in