Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How did the unit trip the HPS if the unit had lost its refrigerant charge? I'll go away now.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

does it actually have a manual high pressure reset?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chesapeake View Post
    How did the unit trip the HPS if the unit had lost its refrigerant charge? I'll go away now.
    As I mentioned in my post, I was there for a no cooling call, and the customer mentioned the high pressure switch tripping a number of times over the winter.
    Presumably it had refrigerant in it at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    does it actually have a manual high pressure reset?
    Yes, down inside the outdoor unit.
    It isn't convenient to get to, as you have to either unscrew the control box and drop it out of the way to reach into the unit, or remove the top.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I'd say the customer meant it was tripping the high limit. It would've been interesting to have seen the condensation line plug up and run down onto strip lol
    Knowledge comes with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
    Hey guys, we shouldn't bash the HO's for doing their thing. We should encourage them! Their DIY efforts generate a lot of good billable work
    I agree
    Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H.L. Hunt

"In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it." John uskin

OMG

That pvc job is just awesome - how many more couplings can he use?? Maybe I shouldn't say that. Not!!!!!!!!! I don't care how much "research" a DIY does - that still doesn't mean they know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanforeman View Post
    That pvc job is just awesome - how many more couplings can he use?? Maybe I shouldn't say that. Not!!!!!!!!! I don't care how much "research" a DIY does - that still doesn't mean they know what they are doing.
    What you do not realize is those were the ends of pipe left over from his Ref. friend work, they were being GREEN and not discarding them but using them up accordingly, and the reaserch the home owner was doing was so he could become an A/C guy and this was his first try, he will get better the more he puts in.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12