Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I was at a show a couple weeks ago and was at the Testo table and they had 3 different instruments measuring temp and humidity and all 3 were different. The three I think were the 610, 605 and the 410. I still like my Fluke 52 with the stainless K type thermocouple with a wet sock. 15 years old and still works fine.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

I am 45 minutes from Buffalo. Anywhere in Buffalo New York that carries Fieldpiece. Not to order and have to come back. I can do that over the net.

I have two, the General ep8706 and the testo 605

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I was at a show a couple weeks ago and was at the Testo table and they had 3 different instruments measuring temp and humidity and all 3 were different. The three I think were the 610, 605 and the 410. I still like my Fluke 52 with the stainless K type thermocouple with a wet sock. 15 years old and still works fine.
    Testo by far makes the best RH sensor for portable instrumentation in the world, and as I worked for them for 6 years I can say that in confidence.

Be careful when evaluating instrument quality, you simply cannot look at three instruments sitting on a table at a show to determine their accuracy. Were they just handled by the probe? What was there rated accuracy? How far off were they? Were they older demo units? What class of instrument. Were the sensors opened to atmosphere? The probes have protective covers on some cases. There are a lot of variables.

Testo guarantees their sensors accurate for two years under normal conditions. I have some that are over 6 years old that read within 1% of my new ones. To assure accuracy you have to have a reference standard.
    JLB,

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    Testo by far makes the best RH sensor for portable instrumentation in the world, and as I worked for them for 6 years I can say that in confidence.

Be careful when evaluating instrument quality, you simply cannot look at three instruments sitting on a table at a show to determine their accuracy. Were they just handled by the probe? What was there rated accuracy? How far off were they? Were they older demo units? What class of instrument. Were the sensors opened to atmosphere? The probes have protective covers on some cases. There are a lot of variables.

Testo guarantees their sensors accurate for two years under normal conditions. I have some that are over 6 years old that read within 1% of my new ones. To assure accuracy you have to have a reference standard.
    I placed the three of them together and did not touch them for several minutes. They were off far enough to make a difference imo. Several degrees and percentage in humidity. With three instruments normally you could eliminate one if two were close enough but not in this case.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

I got the fieldpiece srh2 for x-mas, but when we started doing our spring checks I didn't like not being able to take pre-post evaporator temps with wb. So i contacted travis and talked about their prh2 but the probe was only 2" long and that is our duct liner size so I knew I wouldn't be able to obtain what I wanted either so I did purchase the srh3. So far i do like it and it's very user friendly. I can also with the extendable tip and get readings from ceiling grills without having to drag out a ladder or stool. I'm by no means gentle with my tools (not that i intentionally try to destroy them or anything, I just don't treat them with kid gloves.) so we'll see how it holds up over our grueling summer. Due to space on my truck I have my digital manometer, anemometer, and the Digital Psychrometer in a pelican case instead of the cases they came in.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I placed the three of them together and did not touch them for several minutes. They were off far enough to make a difference imo. Several degrees and percentage in humidity. With three instruments normally you could eliminate one if two were close enough but not in this case.
    Were they meant to be in a air stream and not sitting out on a table? I think most from them are built to be in duct.
    I bought a 605-H2 after I saw this here. I'm sure there is an explanation for what you saw. It doesn't sound like testo stuff at all.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by sideburns05 View Post
    Same problem with the Testo h2's but tape em up and they are good to go. I did just come across a Fieldpiece PRH2 which looks nice. Gonna investigate it some more

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    What kind of take are you guys using? I cant get anything to work very long

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    What kind of take are you guys using? I cant get anything to work very long
    One thing we did with the PRH2 is make it out of an aluminum tube. The tip is fairly thick plastic but if you can hold onto the cap it should take a pretty good beating.

Oops I meant what kind of tape do they use on the testo and how do they stick it to have it hold worth a ****?
    With three spring pushing on that little door connection I can't get anything to hold long before it busts open. Had the same issue with my 905 that is toast now.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Oops I meant what kind of tape do they use on the testo and how do they stick it to have it hold worth a ****?
    With three spring pushing on that little door connection I can't get anything to hold long before it busts open. Had the same issue with my 905 that is toast now.

Several tight wraps around the whole head with electrical tape. At least the tape is black and blends in. =/

-Mark
    RSES CM Member
    NCI Certified Air Balancer and CO/Combustion Analyst
    NATE Senior technician - Energy efficiency analyst and 7 other NATE Service certifications

Never stop learning!

I just use 3m electrical tape holds it pretty well just annoying when your I a hurry and realized the batteries just died?
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

Maybe I just never used enough tape. The e-tape would always end up sliding on the angles. I had the best luck so far with clear packing tape but it still stinks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast