Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I use an Amprobe. For around $100, you can't beat it.

Mark, you have a point about the 971 being useless for air temperature readings inside of ducts. Cooper makes a nice probe-style temperature & humidity meter. If you do a lot of in-duct measurements, it'd be a worthwhile investment. I mainly use the 971 for checking cooling tower approach and for calibrating space temperature & humidity sensors. I've owned 3 of them over the years, and they have all been very reliable and dead-on accurate when compared side by side with the 52-2 and a sling psychrometer. I just wish they wouldn't have changed the design.
    The key to happiness is lower expectations.

Has anyone seen the Fieldpiece PRH2? I don't know how tough it is or how well it works but they nailed if its a keeper.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Found this one anyone have one? or use Extech brand?http://www.davis.com/Product/Extech_...en/DO-37803-14 Don't know the Extech brand too well, but got a K type adapter to mVDC for an old ampprobe without K-Type connector. Extech Temp K-Probe to mVDC Got it for free at a pawn shop a month ago when I bought a minifridge, and it matches up exactly with my new HS36 Fieldpiece on temperatures. Been looking out for one of those Feldpiece pens too, look pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Greend88 View Post
    Found this one anyone have one? or use Extech brand?http://www.davis.com/Product/Extech_...en/DO-37803-14 Don't know the Extech brand too well, but got a K type adapter to mVDC for an old ampprobe without K-Type connector. Extech Temp K-Probe to mVDC Got it for free at a pawn shop a month ago when I bought a minifridge, and it matches up exactly with my new HS36 Fieldpiece on temperatures. Been looking out for one of those Feldpiece pens too, look pretty sweet.
    The Fieldpiece PRH2 psychrometer pens are brand new and still getting into the Supply houses. Give me a call at 714 634 1844 and I can help you find a store near you that has one.

I have the Fieldpiece ELec Pysch.....love it

Waiting for delivery on on my SRA 2.

I have a digital and use it once in a while but I still like the guarantee of the sling.

On residential systems, if there is an issue with the WB being that much different near the coil, then the long return ducts should be sealed properly.
    In the case that they are suspected of leaking enough (or in a very hot space) and can't be sealed or it isn't feasible at the time, then a reading at the coil is a very good idea.

I would doubt few do this- I know I'm guilty of that myself and that is a very good point to bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    The Fieldpiece PRH2 psychrometer pens are brand new and still getting into the Supply houses. Give me a call at 714 634 1844 and I can help you find a store near you that has one.
    Anywhere in Ontario Canada yet Russel? If not on line order is good also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    The Fluke 971 Temperature & Humidity Meter works pretty well for me.
    and you put that in the duct???
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    and you put that in the duct???
    That's why I like the Testo stick. Measuring Temperature and Humidity is the specialty of Testo. Why go 2.class?

Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    I preferred the first generation but lost (stolen) that one after 3 years of use.
    With taping the battery door on, they are actually quite sturdy, better than what you would think off when you just look at them.
    Wish they would make them in a different colors than black, they are easy to forget in the ducts and cause an extra trip back to the job.
    Same problem with the Testo h2's but tape em up and they are good to go. I did just come across a Fieldpiece PRH2 which looks nice. Gonna investigate it some more

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    Anywhere in Ontario Canada yet Russel? If not on line order is good also.
    Best way for us to get our stuff into Canada is for you guys to keep asking them. They are pretty hesitant to bring in new product up there so i don't of any yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Best way for us to get our stuff into Canada is for you guys to keep asking them. They are pretty hesitant to bring in new product up there so i don't of any yet.
    I am right on the border from Windsor....seems a shame you can't just drive across to the US.

Hint ...hint. j/k.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast